Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: skin helper service
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-12-26, 10:13)im85288 Wrote: [ -> ]Marcel, would you consider adding lookup of the cast info for items not in your local database (eg movies/tv shows in the live tv section)? I had a look at the tmdb API and it looks very do-able.

The flow would go something like this->

1. Search for movie/tv show via title to get the tmdb ID
2. Use the ID to look up Credits (giving back cast info)
3. Map that back to the cast widget as it contains name,role and picture

I could have a shot and PR if this is something you would want but didn't want to code yourself. Cheers

Well, if you need this in extension to the PVR artwork I'd say yes because most of the logic is already there for that.
But how do you want to display that info ? Include a plugin path list within your PVR info dialog ?
(2015-12-27, 07:09)Edworld Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Marcel,

I am using aeon.nox.silvo and have a couple of movies that show Rotten tomatoes N/A

12 years a slave
A clockwork orange

Both movies are in Rotten Tomato DB, not sure what the issue is

Thanks for checking

The script uses the OMDB API to get that info. Looks like the info is missing there:

http://www.omdbapi.com/?t=12+years+a+sla...atoes=true
(2015-12-27, 17:00)Mike_Doc Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Marcel,

I'm trying to build in the view selector but having a problem. It seems that some languageid's aren't working. I've confirmed the number exists in the correct strings.po and retyped the line but when executing the view the name is blank? it's effecting several of my views but all exist in strings.po and the correct numbers are assigned in the relevant languageid.

Any idea's what I've done wrong?

Mike.

Did you restart Kodi or issue an reloadskin command after changing the language files ?
(2015-12-28, 21:45)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-26, 10:13)im85288 Wrote: [ -> ]Marcel, would you consider adding lookup of the cast info for items not in your local database (eg movies/tv shows in the live tv section)? I had a look at the tmdb API and it looks very do-able.

The flow would go something like this->

1. Search for movie/tv show via title to get the tmdb ID
2. Use the ID to look up Credits (giving back cast info)
3. Map that back to the cast widget as it contains name,role and picture

I could have a shot and PR if this is something you would want but didn't want to code yourself. Cheers

Well, if you need this in extension to the PVR artwork I'd say yes because most of the logic is already there for that.
But how do you want to display that info ? Include a plugin path list within your PVR info dialog ?

I was thinking of fitting it into the current getCast widget:

Code:
plugin://script.skin.helper.service/?action=getcast&movie=[MOVIENAME OR DBID]

And extending it to do a lookup in tmdb for movies/tv shows that are not in the local database.
Marcel,

Not sure if you have control over formatting, but aeon.nox shows a decimal point in millions and doesn't show billions. Would you consider formatting the same way as extended info?

The image below is aeon.nox and extended info script

(2015-12-28, 21:53)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]

I'm trying to build in the view selector but having a problem. It seems that some languageid's aren't working. I've confirmed the number exists in the correct strings.po and retyped the line but when executing the view the name is blank? it's effecting several of my views but all exist in strings.po and the correct numbers are assigned in the relevant languageid.

Mike.

Did you restart Kodi or issue an reloadskin command after changing the language files ?

Hi Marcel,

They are mising after a restart of Kodi.

Mike
Folder for strings.po in Language in skin Conflunce have different name then in your mod skin and Marcel skin too...
in Skin folder,language folder all folder for language starting with"resource.language"
Skin AeonMQ6 also have this name of folder and dont have problem with languageid.

For serbian was before Isengrd serbian.cyrilic now after version Isengard resource.language.sr_rs.
For German now is resource.language.de_de......

Try to change in your skin and script too
Hi Angelis,

Thanks for the info but I disagree. Surely if my language folder name is wrong then strings.po wouldn't work at all? whereas i reference these localized strings within the skin and they work fine there?
Wondering if there is a way to enable PVR thumbs for the artic zephyr skin. Total newbie at skinning but an trying to get PVR thumbs working like in the titan skin.

If someone knows how our has a link to a walk through that would be greatly appreciated.

I saw the readme on the github but couldn't figure out how to enable this for the skin.
(2015-12-28, 21:41)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-22, 08:56)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]Do you think there is any possibility of a function to call the Actor search function you get when you click a cast member in DialogVideoInfo (shows all movies/tv in library that cast member is in) Huh

I don't think that I can call that builtin dialog but I can make it close:

1. Currently the script already has a "getcastmedia" plugin endpoint, that will return all items in the local library for the selected cast member. Usage: plugin://script.skin.helper.service/?action=getcastmedia&name=[fullnameofactor]

2. I can also add a script endpoint that will display a dialogselect with all media titles, just like the default builtin dialog.

Please let me know if option 1 already suits your needs or you'd like to have the selectdialog.

Ah, must've missed that one. Excellent. Probably suits better for what I want to do anyway.

Also, not sure if I'm missing something, but is there a way to disable the Context Menu entry for "Artwork settings"? I'm not currently using any of these artwork options, so it is a little confusing from a user perspective to have these options pop up in the context menu when they don't do anything in the skin (as yet!).
Any chance you are still updating the artic Zephyr skin and plan to release a version that supports pvr folder thumbnails using this awesome skin helper Big Grin
(2015-12-29, 12:09)Mike_Doc Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-28, 21:53)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]

Mike.

Hi Marcel,

They are mising after a restart of Kodi.

Mike

Hi Marcel,

still no luck with this? I've tried Angelinas folder name solution and no difference?

Also, it seems Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.Music.TrackList) is broken? At albums level it is returning all songs in library for the Artist?

Mike.
@Mike_Doc

working 100% , see how look in my language.You make some error in code.

Edit:
Your Mod

I think you mistake is in number for string
msgctxt "#

in your mod language is higher then 32000,change names for view little lower ....
(2015-12-28, 23:03)im85288 Wrote: [ -> ]I was thinking of fitting it into the current getCast widget:

Code:
plugin://script.skin.helper.service/?action=getcast&movie=[MOVIENAME OR DBID]

And extending it to do a lookup in tmdb for movies/tv shows that are not in the local database.

I see, should be a pretty straightforward fix. I can add it in within a few days. Been ill last couple of days so had a few days away of my computer :-) Best wishes for 2016 btw.

If you're waiting on this, feel free to PR the fix, otherwise I'll look at it Monday or Tuesday.
(2015-12-30, 11:03)skarragallagher Wrote: [ -> ]Any chance you are still updating the artic Zephyr skin and plan to release a version that supports pvr folder thumbnails using this awesome skin helper Big Grin

You would have to ask that to the skin dev on the skin thread ;-)