Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: skin helper service
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-01-20, 00:38)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-19, 03:04)meowmoo Wrote: [ -> ]there show up everywhere else in Kodi

Just looked at the code and spotted an error. Just fixed it on Git.

Thanks
(2016-01-20, 01:14)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-19, 19:32)badaas Wrote: [ -> ]I installed the version that broke for me NOT the latest as latest does not error but is REALLY SLOW.
So I am trying to gather where your script stopped working FOR ME for you to see.

Just been testing -again-. Installed latest version of your skin from git, latest skinhelper from git.
The getcast method returns the items within 500 milliseconds, if in the cache it's even just a few milliseconds.
Are you the only one seeing this issue ? Does Ian get the same results ?

I does appear to be faster at startup with the link to skinhelper badaas posted, by that I mean the initial time it takes for the media counts to appear. It's as if something is blocking that process but hard to determine exactly what. When I get time I'll try and set the skinhelper addon to debug level logging to see if I can figure out what's going on. The widgets also do seem to take longer to load with the versions after the one linked by badaas.
(2016-01-20, 10:04)im85288 Wrote: [ -> ]I does appear to be faster at startup with the link to skinhelper badaas posted, by that I mean the initial time it takes for the media counts to appear. It's as if something is blocking that process but hard to determine exactly what. When I get time I'll try and set the skinhelper addon to debug level logging to see if I can figure out what's going on. The widgets also do seem to take longer to load with the versions after the one linked by badaas.

Did you change something to your skin perhaps ? Remember that the more plugin requests you do at the same time, the more you are utilizing resources and there's even a chance the python interface gets blocked. I have never seen documentation of the limitations but I'm pretty sure that there are some limitations if there are many python scripts running.

In fact, widgets should load faster since recent versions because I restructured some slower code.
Maybe the caching is failing at your side? If you issue the reloadskin command, the widgets should be refreshed in a second or so.
(2016-01-20, 18:19)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-20, 10:04)im85288 Wrote: [ -> ]I does appear to be faster at startup with the link to skinhelper badaas posted, by that I mean the initial time it takes for the media counts to appear. It's as if something is blocking that process but hard to determine exactly what. When I get time I'll try and set the skinhelper addon to debug level logging to see if I can figure out what's going on. The widgets also do seem to take longer to load with the versions after the one linked by badaas.

Did you change something to your skin perhaps ? Remember that the more plugin requests you do at the same time, the more you are utilizing resources and there's even a chance the python interface gets blocked. I have never seen documentation of the limitations but I'm pretty sure that there are some limitations if there are many python scripts running.

In fact, widgets should load faster since recent versions because I restructured some slower code.
Maybe the caching is failing at your side? If you issue the reloadskin command, the widgets should be refreshed in a second or so.

1 example i have.
Using helper i linked in movies library with view dv flex for example, running image poster process/tomato rating/cast list etc it loads instant also the dialog video info loads fast.
With new helper there is a consistent 3sec delay to load cast/fanart poster effect etc. and to finish loading dv info properly, ie. Info screen with blurred bottom bar takes 3 seconds to load.
(2016-01-20, 19:31)badaas Wrote: [ -> ]1 example i have.
Using helper i linked in movies library with view dv flex for example, running image poster process/tomato rating/cast list etc it loads instant also the dialog video info loads fast.
With new helper there is a consistent 3sec delay to load cast/fanart poster effect etc. and to finish loading dv info properly, ie. Info screen with blurred bottom bar takes 3 seconds to load.

Still can't reproduce. It loads instantly at my end. testing with your eunique skin and latest skinhelper. No delay at all, just instant.
I''m going to wait on Ian's testresults on this because I don't think it's directly related to the script, maybe some other script interfering or seomething or very specific system settings. I'm clueless tbh
(2016-01-21, 01:15)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-20, 19:31)badaas Wrote: [ -> ]1 example i have.

Still can't reproduce. It loads instantly at my end. testing with your eunique skin and latest skinhelper. No delay at all, just instant.
I''m going to wait on Ian's testresults on this because I don't think it's directly related to the script, maybe some other script interfering or seomething or very specific system settings. I'm clueless tbh

Ok, np. I'll just say I switch between versions mentioned without changing anything else. ie. delete new helper from addons and replace with old and vice versa, the delay effect is instant. Nothing else gets changed. I deleted TVTunes/Next aired no change in either helper. Nothing is changing code-wise apart from helper. Thanks for help and replies! Out of curiosity have you added a new daemon?
Here's a weird issue.

Using the following for similar shows -

Code:
plugin://script.skin.helper.service/?action=similarshows&imdbid=$INFO[Window(home).Property(TVShowID)]&limit=20

And it works on Windows but not on my OpeneELEC build - the log says it can't be found even though it's installed. Huh

Code:
DEBUG: ADDON: cpluff: 'Plug-in script.skin.helper.service has been installed.'
ERROR: Unable to find plugin script.skin.helper.service

Full debug log
Hi, can you add a function for check if a file exist or not? There isn't any that do it.

Thanks
Hey Marcel, I'm trying to get ListItem.Premiered from the nextepisodes widget and it's empty.. also tried via the property... what i'm missing ?
Hey Marcel,

Small request: Can you add a textviewer option too? Similar to the dialogok function?
(2016-01-21, 19:49)badaas Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, np. I'll just say I switch between versions mentioned without changing anything else. ie. delete new helper from addons and replace with old and vice versa, the delay effect is instant. Nothing else gets changed. I deleted TVTunes/Next aired no change in either helper. Nothing is changing code-wise apart from helper. Thanks for help and replies! Out of curiosity have you added a new daemon?

Still strange...
Only one thing to find out but it's a bit of a painfull job I'm afraid.
If you have some time, would it be possible to check which commit created the issue you're experiencing ?

See all commits here:
https://github.com/marcelveldt/script.sk...its/master

Now, just scroll down the list and press the <> button at the right of the commit line, this should take you to the version beloning to that commit and allows you to save/download the zip.
Maybe just scroll down 10 commits, try that version untill you narrow down which commit broke stuff.

I'm sorry for this question but I can't reproduce the issue so I'll have to rely on your debug skills ;-)
(2016-01-22, 20:15)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]And it works on Windows but not on my OpeneELEC build - the log says it can't be found even though it's installed. Huh

Huh That's a weird one indeed.
Just tested it on Openelec and seems to be working fine. Sure you installed the script from the repo and not a manual git install or something ?
(2016-01-23, 10:30)emiralles Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, can you add a function for check if a file exist or not? There isn't any that do it.

How do you want this implemented ?

call the script with something like script.skin.helper.service,action=fileexists,file=blahlah.file and return the result in a window prop or skin string ?

Or just add it as a general window property for the selected listitem ?
(2016-01-26, 22:41)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-23, 10:30)emiralles Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, can you add a function for check if a file exist or not? There isn't any that do it.

How do you want this implemented ?

call the script with something like script.skin.helper.service,action=fileexists,file=blahlah.file and return the result in a window prop or skin string ?

Or just add it as a general window property for the selected listitem ?

Hey Marcel Smile

Interrested in this too !!!
I have 3 custom files I don't want to be overwritten at skin update so thinking about to just provide them for copy in 16x9 folder and remove them from the package. This could avoid user to manually override them at each version bump.
So if I can make a suggestion, a skin.string is more reliable for a check because kept in skin settings.
Otherwise you will get a fail at reloadskin ?

Cheers Smile

Just added this on Git.

https://github.com/marcelveldt/script.sk...ile-exists