Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: skin helper service
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-08-28, 01:23)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-08-27, 22:25)tomer953 Wrote: [ -> ]The time load on skin startup is Important, personally I Prefer the cache option.

b.t.w, can you give me in code format what to put to limit recommendedepisodes to "5" items....

I've added some caching to the widgets. Also fixed the limit argument.
Please test if this works for you

Works like a charm.
Didn't check yet the update of the list, but the limit and the cache is working.

I need to consult/verify some things with you, I'm about the build my whole widgets again.
right now I have 10-15 seperates lists with the same Id (9002) and each of them contain a visible condition like:
Code:
<visible>StringCompare(Container(9000).ListItem.Property(Widget),RecommendedEpisodes)</visible>
Code:
<visible>StringCompare(Container(9000).ListItem.Property(Widget),RecentAlbums)
The widget name Is taken from the overrides.xml file: http://pastebin.com/s7tfrpwi - If you take a look, you can notice that your new helpers and widget picker can replace them all (I think...)
So I don't really need them. [b.t.w you disabled the "default" widget label, previously in the widget picker was a "Default" label next to the default widget, if you can add it back would be great.]

SO,If i'm understanding your new helper right, the:
Code:
<content>$INFO[Container(9000).ListItem.Property(widgetPath)]</content>
should be universal, and It means that I can actually use one list with ID 9002...still trying to figure it out how should I build it.

I need all the functions I already have, but to minimize the code and make it more efficient
I Have all the 9 widgets of: recent/random/recommended * episodes/movies/albums and the video\programs\image addons, pvr and custom playlist
can you throw few tips about how to achive it?

Last thing, you wrote in the readme in few lines:
Code:
Note 2: If you want to use these commands in the skinshortcuts overrides.xml you have to replace & with &
Replace & with & ? typo ? you must mean to &amp;
MANY THANKS
Hi again Marcel,

Could you also please see if it's possible to create:

Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.MovieSet.X.Rating)
Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.MovieSet.X.Resolution)
Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.MovieSet.X.AspectRatio)

For each film in a movieset,

Thank you,

Mke.
(2015-08-28, 09:18)Mike_Doc Wrote: [ -> ]1) Discart seems to not be working @ songs level
2) Traklisting seems to not be working @ albums level when viewing albums for an artist. If I go directly into albums then the tracklisting works correctly and changes for each album but if I select an artist and then albums when I focus on *All albums it displays a tracklist (not sure from which album) and then this stays as the tracklist while navigating through the various albums for the artist.

Both issues should now be resolved on Git. Please test.
(2015-08-28, 11:28)tomer953 Wrote: [ -> ]If you take a look, you can notice that your new helpers and widget picker can replace them all (I think...)

Yea, you can wipe all those lines from your overrides.xml and just set this one:
PHP Code:
<widget label="31564" type="32010">||BROWSE||script.skin.helper.service/?action=widgets</widget

If you still want to set some defaults you need to keep them in offcourse and set them as widgetdefaultnode.
For example:

<widgetdefaultnode defaultID="movies" group="mainmenu" label="$ADDON[script.skin.helper.service 32003]" type="movies" path="plugin://script.skin.helper.service/?action=RECOMMENDEDMOVIES&amp;reload=$INFO[Window(Home).Property(widgetreload)]" target="video">recommendedmovies</widgetdefaultnode>

(2015-08-28, 11:28)tomer953 Wrote: [ -> ][b.t.w you disabled the "default" widget label, previously in the widget picker was a "Default" label next to the default widget, if you can add it back would be great.]
That button doesn't exist anymore in the new skinshortcuts widget picker because the script has no clue what the default is.

(2015-08-28, 11:28)tomer953 Wrote: [ -> ]SO,If i'm understanding your new helper right, the:
Code:
<content>$INFO[Container(9000).ListItem.Property(widgetPath)]</content>
should be universal, and It means that I can actually use one list with ID 9002...still trying to figure it out how should I build it.
That's correct.

(2015-08-28, 11:28)tomer953 Wrote: [ -> ]I need all the functions I already have, but to minimize the code and make it more efficient
I Have all the 9 widgets of: recent/random/recommended * episodes/movies/albums and the video\programs\image addons, pvr and custom playlist
can you throw few tips about how to achive it?

Take a look at my Titan skin on Git. It has all the changes for the skinhelper script so you'll have some examples.
What I did was create some playlists in the skin directory for the default things like recently added movies etc.but you can also use library provider script for that (easier)

(2015-08-28, 11:28)tomer953 Wrote: [ -> ]Last thing, you wrote in the readme in few lines:
Code:
Note 2: If you want to use these commands in the skinshortcuts overrides.xml you have to replace & with &
Replace & with & ? typo ? you must mean to &amp;
Yeah, i know... the textformatting of Github keeps on replacing the text. I have now put it in a code box and now it accepts the &amp;
(2015-08-28, 17:37)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-08-28, 09:18)Mike_Doc Wrote: [ -> ]1) Discart seems to not be working @ songs level
2) Traklisting seems to not be working @ albums level when viewing albums for an artist. If I go directly into albums then the tracklisting works correctly and changes for each album but if I select an artist and then albums when I focus on *All albums it displays a tracklist (not sure from which album) and then this stays as the tracklist while navigating through the various albums for the artist.

Both issues should now be resolved on Git. Please test.

Hi Marcel,

Downloaded and tested, both look good now.

Thanks very much.
(2015-08-27, 15:44)nessus Wrote: [ -> ]2. Is it possible to add a dynamic content for the NextAired episodes from the NextAired script so can we use it as a widget ?.

The nextaired entrypoint/widget has been added.
(2015-08-28, 14:09)Mike_Doc Wrote: [ -> ]Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.MovieSet.X.Rating)

Done!
(2015-08-28, 20:35)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-08-27, 15:44)nessus Wrote: [ -> ]2. Is it possible to add a dynamic content for the NextAired episodes from the NextAired script so can we use it as a widget ?.

The nextaired entrypoint/widget has been added.
Nice !. This will save me about 200+ lines of codes although i have some issues with the infolabels ListItem properties.

This was my item code in my old static content...
PHP Code:
<item id="1">
  <
onclick>ActivateWindow(Videos,$INFO[Window.Property(NextAired.1.Library)],return)</onclick>
  <
property name="Fanart">$INFO[Window.Property(NextAired.1.Art(fanart))]</property>
  <
thumb>$INFO[Window.Property(NextAired.1.Art(poster))]</thumb>
  <
label>$INFO[Window.Property(NextAired.1.Label)]</label>
  <
property name="NextAiredEpisode">$INFO[Window.Property(NextAired.1.NextNumber)]$INFO[Window.Property(NextAired.1.NextTitle),. ,]</property>
  <
property name="NextAiredDateTime">$INFO[Window.Property(NextAired.1.NextDay)]$INFO[Window.Property(NextAired.1.ShortTime), $LOCALIZE[31228] ]</property>
  <
visible>!IsEmpty(Window.Property(NextAired.1.Label))</visible>
</
item
This (for example) was returning the follows values:

<label> --> "The Last Ship"
<property name="NextAiredEpisode"> --> "2x12. Cry Havoc"
<property name="NextAiredDateTime"> --> "Mon, 31 Aug at 04:00"

Now, with your dynamic list (using these) the 'TVShowTitle' is empty and the AirTime it shows only the long day of the week (i don't mind if is short or long)
and the the time but not the date. IMHO a separate aired date(including the day of the week) and aired time would be more efficient so every skinner
can use them in any way they like.

Also the <onclick> action is dead but as you can see in my code above it takes you to the root of the show in the library which is more user friendly.

Thanks for implementing this.

Cheers
Nessus
(2015-08-28, 20:35)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-08-28, 14:09)Mike_Doc Wrote: [ -> ]Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.MovieSet.X.Rating)

Done!

Hi Marcel,

not sure the resolution one is working correctly, I'm expecting 1080 but getting 1920 for a bluray film for the Video resolution?

Mike.
Hi Marcel,

Would you be able to add a few more listitems for displaying the formatted Studios, Genres and Cast?

So for example return studios as a string delimited by [CR], same for genres and for the cast

Thanks.
Marcel, Many thanks to you!
Just want to share,
Ive almost done building all of my widgets again... from 15-20 differents list Im now using one.

I'm still want the skin has default widgets for each item I have in my skin, so I kept the widgets in the overrides.xml file, but modified it to the new method with "path" and "type"
http://pastebin.com/qBMbxj5j

so now I can use one list, and use some $VARs on the labels to customize whats is showing according to the "type" property.. A lot easier then before.
THANKS.
(2015-08-29, 13:11)Mike_Doc Wrote: [ -> ]not sure the resolution one is working correctly, I'm expecting 1080 but getting 1920 for a bluray film for the Video resolution?

Oops, I swapped height and width... Now fixed on Git
(2015-08-29, 14:21)im85288 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Marcel,

Would you be able to add a few more listitems for displaying the formatted Studios, Genres and Cast?

So for example return studios as a string delimited by [CR], same for genres and for the cast

Thanks.

Where ? For moviesets ? Or just for listitems in general?
(2015-08-29, 20:05)tomer953 Wrote: [ -> ]Marcel, Many thanks to you!
Just want to share,
Ive almost done building all of my widgets again... from 15-20 differents list Im now using one.

I'm still want the skin has default widgets for each item I have in my skin, so I kept the widgets in the overrides.xml file, but modified it to the new method with "path" and "type"
http://pastebin.com/qBMbxj5j

so now I can use one list, and use some $VARs on the labels to customize whats is showing according to the "type" property.. A lot easier then before.
THANKS.

Great!
(2015-08-30, 20:28)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-08-29, 14:21)im85288 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Marcel,

Thanks.

Where ? For moviesets ? Or just for listitems in general?

For listitems in general if that's possible. Thanks