Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: FPS in Menu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I wonder where it is configurable how often the menu in Kodi is refreshed.
On my Linux system (Ubuntu 14.04, Nvidia graphics) the mode is set to 1920x1080@50p.

The FPS for the menu is shown in System Info with 30 FPS.

Is it possible to configure it to run at 50 FPS?
It shouldn't make a visible difference. The FPS is simply whatever the skin needs at that moment for whatever animations/rendering is happening, if I understand correctly. Toggle debug logging and you'll get an FPS counter, and then view some scrolling text. It will go higher :)
To make it clear: this is a feature. It saves your GPU and CPU a lot of useless work, lowering power consumption, heat and fan noise.
(2015-08-18, 21:43)wsnipex Wrote: [ -> ]To make it clear: this is a feature. It saves your GPU and CPU a lot of useless work, lowering power consumption, heat and fan noise.

Truth. As it stands, Kodi increases power demand. I was recently testing my machines with a Kill-A-Watt. Kodi, idle on the main menu in Confluence consumes 10w or so more than the machines did just idle on the Windows desktop and otherwise idle.
Apologies for bumping old thread

Is there an advancedsetting to increase fps in menu?

I'm an artwork lover and i love modding how my skin library looks but only runs at 20fps which doesn't look smooth with rotating discs and animations etc.

Would like to see how this looks at nice higher fps at a cost of performance.

I'm using rpi4 v19 which should have enough power to increase it a bit
(2021-04-29, 23:36)the_bo Wrote: [ -> ]Apologies for bumping old thread

Is there an advancedsetting to increase fps in menu?

I'm an artwork lover and i love modding how my skin library looks but only runs at 20fps which doesn't look smooth with rotating discs and animations etc.

Would like to see how this looks at nice higher fps at a cost of performance.

I'm using rpi4 v19 which should have enough power to increase it a bit
It will use whatever you set as the Refresh Rate, so setting it at 60hz will give you a slight improvement over 50hz, and better than 24hz. Not sure where you are seeing 20 fps, I assume that is the logging overlay which is I think just an average which jumps about quite a lot.

EDIT - Reading back I see that what I mentioned was already covered. So you want to force a higher fps, I don't think there's an option for that.