Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: INCREDIBLE speed improvement with 15.1?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Folks,

I'm incredibly pleased (but bewildered) by the most recent 15.1 maintenance release. Big Grin

I found 15.0 to be very sluggish - performance on my Linux box was very poor 50% of the time. (Response time lagged when moving around the Kodi interface - regardless of my skin choice. ) Playing music in party mode would often take several seconds between songs, and the visualisation display would start chugging, and then eventually become choppy to the point of unusable. Viewing pictures would also take a while - with displays of pictures in slideshow mode starting out ok, but then go 1 minute between displaying the next photograph...again, becoming unusable.

All of that appears to have gone away with 15.1. Things are VERY speedy.

So my first question: What changes between 15.0 to 15.1 that could have made _that_ big of a difference? None of the changes that are listed look like an obvious answer to me.

My second question: Has anyone else experienced the same kind of performance improvements with the most recent upgrade?

Just curious....

- Todd
Did you update / install correct gpu drivers perhaps? There is no such change I am aware of.
Single biggest speed change ever in Kodi that no one seems to be talking about is : analog search. Please Fritsch, can you make it even faster than it already is? Or add a new skipstep level : whole movie. PleaseSmile