Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: My video is in the top left corner!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Every video I play on Kodi is in the top left corner. I tried to adjust the appearance setting but it doesn't help. In fact this new update doesn't have an option in the expert setting to choose Fullscreen Mode.

SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP!!!
Hey!
Try Settings -> Videos -> Acceleration - AMCODEC DISABLE.
Restart.

ANDROID FAQ

As of v15 and later, Kodi will no longer ask to fix incorrect video decoding permissions on Amlogic-based devices that have incorrectly configured firmware. This might cause an issue in some situations, and if this happens to you, first try to manually disable amcodec and only use mediacodec and libstagefright under Settings -> Videos -> Acceleration . If videos still won't play correctly then the device might a firmware/OS update for things to work properly.
The top/left corner thing might be something different than the amcodec permissions issue. It doesn't hurt to see if amcodec disabled and mediacodec enabled works, though.
Does this mean that disabling the amcodec the other codec is used and there should not be any performance issues?

In other words an amlogic chip can use another codec instead of its own amcodec?
Yes. Amlogic should be able to use MediaCodec, and more and more devices/firmware won't even need a specific amcodec. Some still need amcodec, so it is still around for the time being, but both should work just as well for most users.