Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to Scrape videos manually
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm quite new with Kodi and would highlly appreciate help with scraping my video collection.
I have tried my best with various scrapers, latest the Imdb/Rotten Tomato.
I have approx 3000 films and have tried to name each correctly, but only 1-2% turns out OK.
The rest are lacking posters or have shots from the films.
Do anybody know how to Scrape automatically with posters oron worst case manually?
Make sure your filenames match tmdb.org naming and you shouldn't have a problem. I would recommend using Ember Media Manager 1.4.x.x to do your scraping and then you can import everything into xbmc with no issues. Plus, you have control of all the extra art!
I second what Fail$tyle420 said about filenames. If the filename matches exactly what it is on TMDb or IMDb it should scrape perfectly. I used to use Ember for a media manager but have since moved to MediaElch since it can also do my music collection.
Hey guys,

Kinda new to it as well. i've made some progress on most of the files, and have manually renamed many, which is not a big deal really to me.

Files are stored in a nas, so i've got a few questions really:

- Best tool to rename on the nas directly? That would not require transferring files to a PC before? (more than 1Tb of movies stored there)
- Why are some files absolutely not detected/shown? That it would not rename them, fine, can almost always find the corresponding title. But some are just not appearing in MOVIES.

thanks much,
(2015-10-28, 15:49)Doncartman Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys,

Kinda new to it as well. i've made some progress on most of the files, and have manually renamed many, which is not a big deal really to me.

- Best tool to rename on the nas directly? That would not require transferring files to a PC before? (more than 1Tb of movies stored there)
- Why are some files absolutely not detected/shown? That it would not rename them, fine, can almost always find the corresponding title. But some are just not appearing in MOVIES.

thanks much,

Use filebot for your renaming needs, hands down the best one for just renaming, although again I would recommend Ember Media Manager to scrape all of your info outside of kodi. Much better control that way IMHO and you know you'll never have a problem again with scraping that movie(s).
(2015-10-28, 16:43)Fail$tyle420 Wrote: [ -> ]

thanks much,

Use filebot for your renaming needs, hands down the best one for just renaming, although again I would recommend Ember Media Manager to scrape all of your info outside of kodi. Much better control that way IMHO and you know you'll never have a problem again with scraping that movie(s).

Thanks for this, i'm having a look and using the 'ask if not found' option, so that i can fill myself the rest. Before i move on to the NAS though i am doing testing on a local HDD and i find the software really slow to move from a movie to another, is that expected? Like, really slow :/
(2015-10-28, 17:08)Doncartman Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-10-28, 16:43)Fail$tyle420 Wrote: [ -> ]

thanks much,

Thanks for this, i'm having a look and using the 'ask if not found' option, so that i can fill myself the rest. Before i move on to the NAS though i am doing testing on a local HDD and i find the software really slow to move from a movie to another, is that expected? Like, really slow :/

Post any issues you have in the ember media manger subforum. Right now it is a little slow, but they have a new version coming out here real soon(I hope). Go into your settings and disable the trailer settings. That should speed it up SIGNIFICANTLY!
(2015-10-28, 17:21)Fail$tyle420 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-10-28, 17:08)Doncartman Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-10-28, 16:43)Fail$tyle420 Wrote: [ -> ]Use filebot for your renaming needs, hands down the best one for just renaming, although again I would recommend Ember Media Manager to scrape all of your info outside of kodi. Much better control that way IMHO and you know you'll never have a problem again with scraping that movie(s).

Post any issues you have in the ember media manger subforum. Right now it is a little slow, but they have a new version coming out here real soon(I hope). Go into your settings and disable the trailer settings. That should speed it up SIGNIFICANTLY!

Thanks, yeah i have indeed done this and it speeds a bit Smile
(2015-10-28, 17:23)Doncartman Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-10-28, 17:21)Fail$tyle420 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-10-28, 17:08)Doncartman Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for this, i'm having a look and using the 'ask if not found' option, so that i can fill myself the rest. Before i move on to the NAS though i am doing testing on a local HDD and i find the software really slow to move from a movie to another, is that expected? Like, really slow :/

Glad it worked!
(2015-10-28, 17:24)Fail$tyle420 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-10-28, 17:23)Doncartman Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-10-28, 17:21)Fail$tyle420 Wrote: [ -> ]Post any issues you have in the ember media manger subforum. Right now it is a little slow, but they have a new version coming out here real soon(I hope). Go into your settings and disable the trailer settings. That should speed it up SIGNIFICANTLY!

Glad it worked!

One last thing if i may, how to get these into KODI afterwards? Just point to the folder and set content to movies with 'only local information' ticked?
(2015-10-28, 17:34)Doncartman Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-10-28, 17:24)Fail$tyle420 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-10-28, 17:23)Doncartman Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, yeah i have indeed done this and it speeds a bit Smile

Glad it worked!

One last thing if i may, how to get these into KODI afterwards? Just point to the folder and set content to movies with 'only local information' ticked?

That's EXACTLY it! Smile
Thanks, played a lot with it yesterday, still quite confused. SOme files do not display (the Saint Seiya Anime series) and i'm guessing this is due to folder structures. Tried IMDB and TMDB scrapers, still unsure of the best. I'm only realizing just now i guess that there is more to it than just add files and pray to god. Needs personal work and dedication to make it happen.
(2015-08-19, 18:29)Fail$tyle420 Wrote: [ -> ]Make sure your filenames match tmdb.org naming and you shouldn't have a problem. I would recommend using Ember Media Manager 1.4.x.x to do your scraping and then you can import everything into xbmc with no issues. Plus, you have control of all the extra art!

Hi, I've been using Ember MM for a long time and upto Kodi 15.0 everything worked fine. All poster.jpg, fanart.jpg, etc showed up in Kodi after I did a scan for updates. I don't think Ember MM is the problem.

Even when i manually create the nfo or poster and fanart.jpg , it looks like Kodi 15.1 is no longer reading the artwork from the filesystem. Can you or anyone verify this?

Thanks!