Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [SOLVED] Other ways to display/organize music library?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I'm new to Kodi, I'm using Openelec on a Raspberry Pi 2 - everything is configured now and everything works fine - except my Music library...I have mp3s on my NAS organized like this:
PHP Code:
Artistname
   I
--- Albumname
          I
--- Tracks 
so for example like this:
PHP Code:
Bloodhound Gang
   I
--- 1995 - Use your fingers
          I
--- Track #1

I--- Track #2

I--- Track #3

I--- [...]

I--- 1996 One Fierce Beer Coaster
          I
--- Track #1

I--- Track #2

I--- Track #3

I--- [...]

I--- 1999 Hooray for Boobies
          I
--- Track #1

I--- Track #2

I--- Track #3

I--- [...] 
I've used Universal Album Scrapper and Universal Artist Scrapper. I also found the setting to disable artists which only appears in collections (I don't know the correct setting in english because my system is in german). I also disabled the mp3 tags because I don't know if every tag in my library is correct.

But when I look in the music library it's totaly messed up, it will show like this:

PHP Code:
bloodhound gang (without fanarts)

I--- 1995 - use your fingers
          I
--- all tracks
   I
--- 1996 One Fierce Beer Coaster
          I
--- only one track (Boom)

I--- 2000 Take A Bite Outta Rhyme (<- which album should that be???)

I--- only one track (It's tricky)
Bloodhound Gang (with fanarts)
   I--- Singles
          I--- only two tracks
   I--- 1996 - One Fierce Beer Coaster
          I--- only one track (Shut Up)
   I--- 1999 - Hooray for Boobies
          I--- all tracks 
=> most of the mp3s are missing...many mp3s are in wrong place, not in the album itself (or in other albums I don't know)...

Is there a better way or a better scrapper? I would love to use the database view with fanarts - my own organisation / folder structure is available in files view but here I don't have fanarts...

Thank you for your support!
From the wiki:

Quote:Kodi adds music to the library by scanning music files to extract identifying information from tags in the files. In order to be able to include information on your music collection in the music library, Kodi needs your music to be tagged. When your collection is scanned, Kodi stores all the tagging information (artist, album, year, genre, etc) in the database which allows you to efficiently search and manage your music collection.

Your audio files MUST have a valid ID tag for them to work properly in the Kodi music library. There are third party applications available for download from the internet that allow you to add and manage ID tags in your music files
Oh man, thank you! After checking the mp3 tags of a few Bloodhound Gang songs I had to realize: alle that messy informations are in the mp3 files :-(

Ok, now I need some time to update all my mp3s...

Thank you!
MP3TAG ( http://www.mp3tag.de/ ) is your answer. It will take you months to clean up all the tags in your library, but it really is worth it in the end. Just do it in batches.

There are auto-taggers around but I personally don't trust them as my music tastes are odd. Some people like Musicbrainz Picard (https://picard.musicbrainz.org/) for this reason. That is an auto-tagger that also adds specific ID numbers into the tags that KODI can use to do lookups with.