Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: since upgrading to Kodi 15 long loading times
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So my problem started around the time kodi was released in the android google play store. Kodi takes over one minute just to start (time before the kodi logo disappears and the "home" screen is visible). Just scrolling in the home screen or accessing the settings is smooth.

Accessing the library (Movie, TV-Show, Music) takes ages, from around 30 seconds to over a minute. Once something is playing it plays smooth (1080p, skip steps, etc).

This problem is only on my android kodi installations. Even accessing music from my server takes around 30 seconds (just clicking in the home menu on the recently added albums). Also skipping to the next track takes a loading time.

I also tested BSPlayer, DICE Player and MX Player. All load fast, the SMB shares are loaded fast. Playback is smooth as is skipping. The problem is only on Kodi

My setups.
  • Android (HTC One M7, Nexus 10)
  • WHS 2011 (SMB Shares, OS on SSD, Music on SSD, Videos on WD Red, i3, 8gb ram)
  • 3 Desktop (i7 2600k , i7 4770k, i5 2500k, Win 7, Win 10, Win 8, All SSD 8 or 16 gb ram) + SurfacePro3 256gb + 8 bg ram
  • Network: GB network, AC WLAN + 5 GHz n accesspoint
The problem is still there, after updating kodi trough the google play store today.