Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Renaming Koi.app and using Apple Remote to open application
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'd like to rename the Kodi app to better suit the theme I use. However, upon renaming the application, the Apple Remote "menu button to open" feature no longer works.

Does anyone have any insight on what I should change to make this work? Tried changing the XBMChelper.conf file to reflect the new name, but no luck.
No sorry i don't get it. You need to renamd the app because of what? Thats bullshit man...

beside that rename the app back to Kodi.app - start it, disable the remote startup feature, close the app, rename it to whatever you think is right, start the app, enable the remote startup feature. (there is no editing in the conf file involved, because its rewritten by kodi anyway ...)
(2015-08-21, 08:56)Memphiz Wrote: [ -> ]No sorry i don't get it. You need to renamd the app because of what? Thats bullshit man...

beside that rename the app back to Kodi.app - start it, disable the remote startup feature, close the app, rename it to whatever you think is right, start the app, enable the remote startup feature. (there is no editing in the conf file involved, because its rewritten by kodi anyway ...)

That's a bit strong, isn't it? It's nothing personal, but I have an all Apple TV skin, down to an Apple TV app icon, so I wanted the name to match. I didn't really think it was "bullshit". I thought this community/application was supposed to be all about skinning and customisation.

In any case, thanks for the info! I'll give it a shot tonight. Much appreciated.
No luck with this procedure, unfortunately.