Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to get kodi app on a Sony tv?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi I found a YouTube video how to get kodi on any Sony 2015 TVs I got Sony kdl32w705b but in video the menus are different than mine is there any way to get kodi app on my TV.
Thanks
No
Would this work putting the kodi apk file on usb stick and stick in the TV and see if it can install kodi that way
It doesn't sound like it runs Android, so that wouldn't help. If it runs Android, then it is possible.
hello, just wanted to know if i can get somehow kodi on my SONY kdl-42w650a. Thanks in advance
Same answer as above - *if* that particular model runs Android *and* you have access to Google Play or can sideload apks *then* it's possible that Kodi could be installed. You still have a compatibility/usability question, though (e.g. GPU capabilities).

AFAICT, this is Sony's Android offering, so if it's not one of those/that range then you'd be better of buying a FireTV stick or Raspberry Pi and plugging it in to one of the HDMI ports.