Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Stuttering HD Video Playback on Android TV Player
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone,

First time on here.

Got an issue playing HD movies on Kodi 16, on a Droid Player (Android).

When I play SD films no problem, but if I play an HD movie the audio goes out of sync with the video. The video plays slow trying to catch up with the audio... doing so it ends up with the video pixelating constantly trying to catch up.

I read somewhere on here to install the nightly builds, which I did, and it upgraded me from 15 to 16. No change... still have the same issue.

I've gone onto the Acceleration page, under Video settings (with setting level on Expert), but it gives me no option to choose either software or hardware acceleration, which again read on here was a way to correct this issue.

The render method option (on the acceleration page) is greyed out, and I can not access. Tried everything but won't let me select it.

How can I get the HD movies playing via Kodi smoothly on the Droid Player?

P.S.: The movies are sitting on an external hard drive connected via a USB to the Droid Player.

Thank you in advance.
You can always unistall and build again. Making sure that your cache was cleared before upgrading.
you realize 16 is not an official release yet right?

15.1 is the latest official release. 16 is going to have issues and bugs.

just making sure you know
So what do people recommend?

Go back to 15.1?

I had the same issue with 15.1... so even if I do revert back to it, how do I fix the issue of choppy HD playback?

P.S.: How do you clear cache on Kodi?
I would talk to whomever made the box about those issues. I have never heard of a Droid Player, but sounds like it cant play HD as its not powerful enough

If you have any local space on the box, i would copy some HD files there to test. Then you can rule out the USB hard drive

Cheers!
This is it here:

http://www.droidplayer.co.uk/about-droidplayer

Legit piece of kit.

One curious thing I have found out... I reinstalled the software (15.0) and by playing the file directly from the hard drive, without actually converting the files into a library (with poster icons... etc) it played fine. Then when I aligned the files (on the external drive) to Kodi, creating a library, and downloading the poster images it started to struggle, and the problem came back.

There must be a solution somewhere?
Like hell that is legit.

It's full of illegal streaming add-ons.
(2015-08-23, 21:02)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]Like hell that is legit.

Straight from Amazon...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Droidplayer-Andr...oid+player
(2015-08-23, 21:05)yipee ki yay Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-08-23, 21:02)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]Like hell that is legit.

Straight from Amazon...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Droidplayer-Andr...oid+player

yeah so what? It's still illegal.
You better tell Amazon that then.

Anyway I don't stream any stuff. Just want to watch my films on Kodi, which I can't with my HD films... hence my thread.
Just tried 13.4 (Gotham) and works great. No issues.

Need a fix for 15.
gotta say I feel for you KODI team members! Big Grin

seems soo many people don't realize everything isn't KODI. they don't understand all the pieces of the puzzle that come into play for KODI to do its thing. granted I'm far from perfect in my understanding but I do realize the video stream itself, the addon, the device itself (it's hardware - processor/memory/OS/etc.), how the video was coded, how networks are setup, etc., etc., all come into play.

to the OP, you say it works on 13.4 (never tried it myself) so what I am posting most likely won't apply but I will pass it on anyways. I use 14.2 and have learned how a video is coded can be a cause of stuttering. x265 (H.265) can be played but it stutters and looses audio sync like a *****. pretty sure this is do to the Fire TV Stick's processor not having enough uumph. sucks because it saves lots of room. also large size .wmv files (windows media video) stutter. I think this is do to their size but I haven't verified that. the fact they start off playing fine and stay playing fine longer before the stuttering makes me think it's a size issue. plus the Fire TV Stick is wireless. I'd need a hard wired box (not that I need one but oh do I want one Big Grin ) to really test that. maybe the info will be helpful in the future.
(2015-08-23, 23:09)yipee ki yay Wrote: [ -> ]Just tried 13.4 (Gotham) and works great. No issues.

Need a fix for 15.

Anyway you can share the older download? it's no longer available on here and I have the same issue mate.

cheers,
Pirate Box this Droid Player, the sellers are nothing but leaches sucking on the unpaid work of Kodi developers and the whole Kodi community.

I would even propose a list of Banned Boxes should be considered to put the responsibility back onto sellers of such devices to support them and get them off the Kodi forum itself.