Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Addons cannot be updated
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,

I've got a strange issue here... I've had Kodi on my Ubuntu 14.04.3 since XBMC 13 and have always upgraded it to the latest stable release. So I'm now on Kodi 15.1.

Since updating to Kodi 15 I have an issue with updating Addons. Kodi still finds updates and displays them under "Available Updates" but none of my Addons will auto-update any longer and if I try it manually by clicking "Update" in the Addon Information nothing happens apart from the Dialog closing.

Also if I want to install a new Addon as soon as I click on "Install" the dialog disappears again but nothing happens again.

The only way to install any Addon is by installing from Zip-file. That still works as it used to.
Also, installing Skins through the settings menu still works as well but they don't auto-update either.

Here's a Debug log of my attempt to update an Addon that has shown up under "Update available": http://xbmclogs.com/pfwmqrjr3
From what I can see there's not much in this log to give any clues but maybe someone here has any ideas?

Many thanks in advance!
Ok... think I "fixed" the issue...

I deleted all the AddonsXX.db (XX were different numbers up to 19 for me) files under ~/.kodi/userdata/Database
After restarting and doing a "Check for updates" it immediately updated the Addons and now I can also install Addons again as it used to be.

No idea what the problem with those files was though...