Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Minor niggles that need sorting before migrating to Raspberry Pi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am moving from my ageing PC media box to the RaspPi2 + NAS box so I am moving from the wonderful MediaPortal to Kodi. I was setting it up on my PC and working out all the issues before moving to the Pi.

So far I have only installed the PleXBMC plugin, so apologies if this is specific to that plugin.

The first niggle is the "premenu" on each of the sections. I would like to set it so I it would bypass that and go straight to a set selection, so for TV Shows it would show all shows and not the menu of all shows, unwatched, etc. How do you configure that?

The second is I prefer the look of Low List. However the parent doesn't seem to propagate that selection down to the children. Even though I set it on the All Shows list selecting "24" shows the season select as List and not Low List. Set that to Low List and select the season that shows as List again. How do I make it select Low List as the default?

The third is that on Low List the program/episode synopsis doesn't scroll. Is there an option to enable that? I have looked through various settings menus so I might have missed it.

The fourth is that if I was watching a video pressing the info button on the MCE remote would bring up an overlay with the video stream with chapter markings and enable commentary tracks, etc. Is there that sort of overlay available? How do I configure it to use that? Looking at the Wiki it looks like I will need to manually configure it (whereas Mediaportal worked after selecting MCE remote in the configuration tool).

The fifth is that the video and audio type glyphs are tiny on my screen. Is there an option or add on pack that makes them larger?

The sixth is a PleXMBC issue but I will throw it out here just in case and save creating another thread: How do you correct an ID3 tag of a track that is being played?
It seems there is not a solution to my second without descending into XML which is annoying.

Will be looking at getting emby set up on my NAS as that integrates better with Kodi and works with all skins apparently.