Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Wrong channel-order
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
if you open LiveTV and open the side-menu you can see: "Sort by:"
Here you can select number or name.
I would like to see what happens when you switch between name an number. I am pretty sure that's where there real problem occurs.
Has anyone got this working? I tried a client with Jarvis, but I still have the same problem where Kodi ignores the channel order I set up in MediaPortal.

I have four clients that I use for Live TV and having to reorder them manually so they all match would be a pain. And then having to redo it if I ever had to reset things would also not be ideal.

I'm staying with Kodi 14.2 for now because of this, but would like to update to Jarvis eventually.
worse than that, it looks like manually ordering them doesn't work anyway, perhaps I'm missing something but I have both use channel numbers and order from backend off and setting the order in the channel manages seems to have no effect (kodi 16)
Has anyone tried if it's fixed in kodi 16?

Some time ago I checked the source code of the mediaportal plugins (tvServer and kodi) and everything seems to be fine there.
I never found the time to check the kodi source code as well but for me it looks like they are using the channelID for ordering (since kodi 15).
It's not fixed in Kodi 16 or 17 test builds.
great...
So I'll have to fix it myself.

Can someone give me a hint which class I should have a look at?
Ive tried manually and it works for a short while. Then after about a week it seems to re sort itself. It would be good if this could be fixed.

Edit-I got this working over the weekend and The Kodi end is working well. I went into MePo tv server and manually changed the channel numbers to the order I want them displayed. This has fixed the issue for me.
(2016-02-01, 13:58)MadibaJ Wrote: [ -> ]Ive tried manually and it works for a short while. Then after about a week it seems to re sort itself. It would be good if this could be fixed.

Edit-I got this working over the weekend and The Kodi end is working well. I went into MePo tv server and manually changed the channel numbers to the order I want them displayed. This has fixed the issue for me.

Which version of Kodi are you using? I've done the reordering in the TV Server and while that works for 14.2 (Helix), it doesn't seem to work for 15 (Isengard) or 16 (Jarvis). In TV Server I went in to the TV Channels section >> All Channels and changed the Channel number there, but when I check v15 and v16 it is still ordering by the Major channel number.
Really unfortunate to see this not fixed yet after all this time, made me switch backends while in every other way MediaPortal was my favorite one.
Bookmark for me (terugvindpost or tvp).
(2016-02-09, 17:35)Doctor Eggs Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-02-01, 13:58)MadibaJ Wrote: [ -> ]Ive tried manually and it works for a short while. Then after about a week it seems to re sort itself. It would be good if this could be fixed.

Which version of Kodi are you using? I've done the reordering in the TV Server and while that works for 14.2 (Helix), it doesn't seem to work for 15 (Isengard) or 16 (Jarvis). In TV Server I went in to the TV Channels section >> All Channels and changed the Channel number there, but when I check v15 and v16 it is still ordering by the Major channel number.

I'm using 16RC 3 - note I'm not using the up and down arrows to re-arrange the channel order I'm left clicking on each channel, choosing edit and then changing the channel number. I then sort by number to check the order is how I want it. It's best not to have duplicate numbers as Kodi might mix those up. In Kodi I have selected the sort by channel number.
you have to give each tv-channel a number within mp tvserver. after that you will get that order within kodi
(2016-02-10, 21:04)Ed76 Wrote: [ -> ]you have to give each tv-channel a number within mp tvserver. after that you will get that order within kodi

What you referring to is the LCN (logical channel number), however you shouldn't change that manually!
Your isp will give the channels some LCN and kodi will follow that order, which is good except if you got a custom channel order in the tv server!
If you were to change these LCN's yourself and you do an update, at least for me, would just overwrite the LCN's... oh and they change stuff every few months...

For my I like to map HD channels first and SD-only channels 2nd, plus sort them by kind.
Still Kodi follows the LCN order instead of the custom order!
HoweverI do like these LCN's for the all channels tab... easy when I got friends over who're used to the channel numbers on settop boxes.

That's why you shouldn't edit the LCN's and it's also the one and only reason why I'm currently not using the MP tv server right now.
Pages: 1 2