Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi 15.1 crash at startup if remote library
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Since the upgrade to kodi 15.1 it cannot start when I use a remote mysql library.
I'm using archlinux, everything up to date.

I tried with a clean install with no extensions and no configuration what so ever.
It crash without any error message (that I can find), even in debug mode.

You'll find log and coredump here : https://www.dropbox.com/sh/iu2kggrvkc63h...seqBa?dl=0
kodi.log : first and normal run
kodi_crashlog : second run that crashed
systemd.log : relevent part of my journalctl with a first run without remote library, and a second one with remote library and crash.

EDIT : With all prior version i can remember, including 15.0, everything was working fine
Your kodi_crashlog is of no use as it's empty. Upload the kodi.log when using mysql. Consider installing gdb as this might mean you can obtain a backtrace when kodi.bin crashes.
Hello

My Setup and problem is very similar. I'm currently not able to run kodi on the RPI-2. As OS I use Arch Linux. For installation I basically followed:
link

kodi.log
kodi.log.old

currently there was no crash-log created. It seems as if kodi is running because I can hear its login sound (the bing at the beginning) but the screen freezes in the tty. After killing all processes of kodi. The screen keeps frozen as if the GPU has died. The only thing that helps is a reboot. During reboot the screen does not refresh within the shutdown phase only at the boot phase the screens functionality is restored.

A fiew times It was possible to start kodi but after e.g. adding an advancedsettings.xml kodi did not start again after a reboot. However removing the advancedsettings.xml did not restore the former situation were I was able to at least start kodi. This behavior is very mysterious to me.

Special:
I like to run pulse audio in system mode and not in user mode. I also tried running it in the normal user mode but this did not change the situation.
For audio i use the HiFi Berry DAC+.
(2015-08-24, 12:25)Milhouse Wrote: [ -> ]Your kodi_crashlog is of no use as it's empty. Upload the kodi.log when using mysql. Consider installing gdb as this might mean you can obtain a backtrace when kodi.bin crashes.

Okay, but how do I can obtain the bactrace ?
gdb is already installed...
Check if core dumps are enabled on Arch: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Core_dump
This is my journalctl

And here is the coredump:

I saw three processes from kodi. The legend can be found in the text file pids.
I'm not sure I can do anything with a core dump without the original executable.
You can try running
Code:
gdb <path to kodi.bin> <path to core>
thread apply all bt
but I believe that should already be happening from the kodi launcher script.
I already have the coredump, it's on the dropbox directory.
But I juste realize that I cant copy a coredump from coredumpctl juste like that.

So I updated the coredump with a gdb compliant format. (upload in progress...)
I also added the backtrace obtained with "thread apply all bt" in gdb.txt
(2015-08-24, 15:33)pums974 Wrote: [ -> ]I also added the backtrace obtained with "thread apply all bt" in gdb.txt

That sounds like the interesting bit - where is this?
In the dropbox file I have mentionned in my first post : https://www.dropbox.com/sh/iu2kggrvkc63h...seqBa?dl=0
BTW, the upload is finished
Okay my knowledge about core-dump is close to zero since I only used debuggers or good old
Code:
printf
Wink

I don't know how I can execute your code snippet:

Quote:
Code:
gdb <path to kodi.bin> <path to core>
thread apply all bt

To generate the core dump I used:
Code:
$ pgrep -f kodi
some_PID_x

I then attaced to the pid with:
Code:
gdb -p some_PID_x

and used the gdb console to dump with:
Code:
(gdb) generate-core-file
Saved corefile core.some_PID_x[
(gdb) quit

And this is what I uploaded.
Thus my question is what is the
Code:
<path to core>
and
Code:
thread apply all bt
Okay I tried to generate another coredump in which I have used
Code:
thread apply all bt
before saving the coredump. Maybe this is what you need? I'm running a bit blind here since I dont know what I'm doing.

Okay you can find the updated core-dump in with the link.
Cheers
Can I ask you to try an official build. Either OSMC or OpenELEC (there is a 15.1 build here).

If you have the same issues then we can look into it, but I suspect this is an arch specific build issue, and you really need to report this to the people making the arch builds. I've got no idea how they make their builds and if they use versions of libraries that kodi doesn't expect and hasn't been tested with.
(2015-08-24, 19:32)popcornmix Wrote: [ -> ]Can I ask you to try an official build. Either OSMC or OpenELEC (there is a 15.1 build here).
I will try to, in a day or two.

(2015-08-24, 19:32)popcornmix Wrote: [ -> ]If you have the same issues then we can look into it, but I suspect this is an arch specific build issue, and you really need to report this to the people making the arch builds.
I have : here and here
But I can say that it's working fine on my x86_64 computer, which is also running arch.
I can confirm that the x86_64 build is running just fine.
I don't want to be rude here, but I don't want to find a solution that uses Openelec. I'm also running other things on this pi (mpd, sane, cups, rtp sink...) and to reconfigure all this for raspbian or openelec would be a lot of work if not even impossible in some cases. In any case thanks a lot for your help. Maybe I can find the package maintainer in the Arch Linux forum. If so I will link it here.
Pages: 1 2