Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: No hardware acceleration with fglrx drivers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I've installed Kodi 14.2 on my openmediavault box, powered by an AMD E-350 and graphics drivers fglrx 14.1. (wheezy-backports for 3.16 kernel)
I can play videos, but when I press "o", I can see that both CPU are very high (<80%) and that vdpau seems to be not used.
Coded is ff-h264.

VDPAU is not supported in the fglrx driver?
I have to install the OSS ones?

Thanks
yes
ok.
I can't find any package for wheezy-backports, so I'm trying to compile using this guide.
Hope it will work...
Well Kodi version shouldn't matter here, but you are using v14.2 which is obsolete.

Also your APU should support uvd 2.2 or better see http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=174854
Yeah it does and works out of the box on nowadays linux distributions. But yeah, if one wants pain ... wheezy is an options for pain.
(2015-08-25, 16:16)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah it does and works out of the box on nowadays linux distributions. But yeah, if one wants pain ... wheezy is an options for pain.

Yes, as you said it's an option for pain.
I'm trying to build backport for the mesa-vdpau-drivers...but it depends of a lot of packages not backported Confused
a long work is waiting for me (and I'm a linux newbie ^^)
Well use a sane distro, problem solved but if you insist on pain, then dont complain Big Grin