Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amazon Fire Stick Kodi version
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all just wanted your opinions on what version of kodi you folks think is the best version to use with the Amazon Fire stick .I need stablitly and speed. Please post what version of Kodi works the best for you.
The current version of Kodi.
14. The latest version isn't doing f**k all
(2015-08-26, 04:17)Dre4 Wrote: [ -> ]14. The latest version isn't doing f**k all

Please don't spread this FUD.
Its true. The developers aren't replying and letting us know what exactly the problem is. Instead we gotta keep dealing with the same crap everyday, trying to figure out wtf is going on.
(2015-08-27, 17:41)Dre4 Wrote: [ -> ]Its true. The developers aren't replying and letting us know what exactly the problem is. Instead we gotta keep dealing with the same crap everyday, trying to figure out wtf is going on.

No one replied to your "it's buffering" post because there wasn't really any information in your post. It just sounds like you are using some pirated video add-on, and we don't support those. What other assumption can we make from that?

Kodi v15.1.1 has been running great on my Fire TV sticks and Fire TV box.
I hope I can post this in this thread. I want to load Kodi to my newly purchased Amazon Fire Stick. In the instructions I found online it looks like the easiest way to do this is with a PC app called adbfire. I have run into something I don't understand, however. It appears that app wants an APK file. When I download from KODI.tv even though it says APK for ARM the file ends up being a zip file and adbfire won't accept it.

So, if you don't mind helping a guy who doesn't know much any help would be greatly appreciated!
Rename it to .apk
Every single add on on Kodi is buffering. Pirated or not, nothing is working on the Amazon
(2015-08-29, 19:58)Dre4 Wrote: [ -> ]Every single add on on Kodi is buffering. Pirated or not, nothing is working on the Amazon

Then whatever is causing it is not a Kodi issue. I have zero buffering on all of my Fire TV sticks. Everything plays fine. I will believe what I see with my own eyes over someone ranting and raving, and who refuses to give a proper bug report or any reasonable details about the issue they are seeing.
Is there a guide on how to install this on the Fire Stick? Thank you!

edit: Does this method still work?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hQ3e9gdsmE
Please try to actually look before asking. It's right on our website: Fire TV (wiki).
(2015-08-30, 07:23)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]Please try to actually look before asking. It's right on our website: Fire TV (wiki).

I got the video from that link. So it is up to date. Thank you!