Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi crashing on startup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,

I'm having an issue with Kodi that seems to have started overnight and I can't figure out to fix it. It worked fine last night but when I woke up this morning it had all gone pear shaped.

When I enter Kodi, PVR manager starts up, loads channels but when importing guides it seems to freeze and then crash. I've got the debug logs if anyone can have a look and see what you think:

kodi.log: http://xbmclogs.com/pugyzl5tp
kodi.old.log: http://xbmclogs.com/p7vu04mtx

Thanks in advance for any help!
i have the same issue on the Amazon Fire TV
(2015-08-26, 17:47)bravonc Wrote: [ -> ]i have the same issue on the Amazon Fire TV

Sorry I forgot to mention that, I am also using this on the Amazon Fire Stick. Anyone else experiencing this?
Me too, on a samsung tablet within 5.1
Hello guys, still not working and wondered if anyone had a chance to look at my logs to maybe identify the problem? I'm very stuck here Sad
Its also not working on my Amazon, which is strange cause this is the first. I'm guessing its like this fot everybody. Sad
(2015-08-27, 16:18)bigsillyboy Wrote: [ -> ]Hello guys, still not working and wondered if anyone had a chance to look at my logs to maybe identify the problem? I'm very stuck here Sad

Please try updating to Kodi v15.1.
(2015-08-27, 18:03)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-08-27, 16:18)bigsillyboy Wrote: [ -> ]Hello guys, still not working and wondered if anyone had a chance to look at my logs to maybe identify the problem? I'm very stuck here Sad

Please try updating to Kodi v15.1.

Hi, I've updated and issue is still there. Here are my new logs if you could please look:

Your debug kodi.log: http://xbmclogs.com/pasgbeypj
Your debug kodi.old.log: http://xbmclogs.com/pjvp3btht

Thank you Smile
I have tried on both my fire tvs and have no issue at all.Live tv loads right up with nextpvr. Are you guys sure you have the pvr set up correctly?
(2015-08-27, 19:53)rontonomo Wrote: [ -> ]I have tried on both my fire tvs and have no issue at all.Live tv loads right up with nextpvr. Are you guys sure you have the pvr set up correctly?

I'm positive. It was working perfectly for around two months, up until Wednesday morning, then this started out of the blue. I have tested it out on a few TV's, updated Kodi, done the usual cache clears, etc, but it just keeps crashing during guide import.

I've noticed the CPU usage and Memory Used are both very high, typically around 90% - 100% just before crashing, could this be part of the issue?
Sometimes the PVR add-ons can be touchy. I would do this: Use a file manager app on Android and navigate to the userdata folder (wiki) (see link for path). Then go inside the Database folder and delete all of the files that say addons##.db. That will reset what add-ons are enabled//disabled to their defaults, which should be all add-ons enabled except for PVR add-ons, which will all be disabled. All other settings will be saved. That should allow you to start Kodi back up. Then re-enable the PVR add-on and see if it crashes again.
(2015-08-27, 20:51)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]Sometimes the PVR add-ons can be touchy. I would do this: Use a file manager app on Android and navigate to the userdata folder (wiki) (see link for path). Then go inside the Database folder and delete all of the files that say addons##.db. That will reset what add-ons are enabled//disabled to their defaults, which should be all add-ons enabled except for PVR add-ons, which will all be disabled. All other settings will be saved. That should allow you to start Kodi back up. Then re-enable the PVR add-on and see if it crashes again.

Thank you, that worked perfectly! I did exactly as you said and when I rebooted Kodi it all worked perfectly. If I could buy you a beer I would Smile
I tried going in to data folder and deleting 19db addons. That didn't help. The only thing I know to do is simply wipe Kodi and reinstal; however, I need to know the steps to do that. Can you help?