Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: after 6 seconds crashes back to Android desktop
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Problems running Kodi 15.1.1 (15.2?) on M8 Android box
Successfully ran 14.2, successfully ran 15
Have just upgraded to 15.1.1 and is no good
Fires up OK but after 6 seconds crashes back to Android desktop
Have tried to reinstall 15 but unable
Has anyone else had this problem?
Does anyone know of a 'fix'?
Start off by reading this: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=42708 as it explains what people will expect you to do before asking for help.
Im on a android m8 myself and everything is running as it should on kodi 15 isangard, as its running fine im not going to update- why try to fix something thats not broken.
What ROM are you running? I had the same with the Finless rom. Even in 14 I had frequent crashes of Kodi. Now using the latest "Justme" ROM and it is faster, better looking and as stable as it can be. No more crashes.
Am using the Megatron ROM
Have since reinstalled 15.2 and found that after power off (pulling the power lead) it now boots & runs OK
Never had any crashes using Megatron with Kodi 14, 14.2 or 15
Stop using megatron or whatever roms!
If you encounter more problems in the future then atleast think about going to the "Justme" ROM . It is the best choice I made for my M8 device.
Hi Martijn
I'm just a newby, numb-nuts know-nothing regarding these Android boxes
Why 'stop using megatron or whatever roms!'?
Are they dangerous?
Do they do harm?
Are they crap?
I've just looked at the Justme website & am a bit confused as what to actually download?
But it looks to me that to download the latest v1.8 rom you need to be a 'paid member'
I don't even know if my box is a Square EM8, how do I tell?
I'll certainly bow to your superior knowledge and flash a new ROM if you really think it's better, and if I'm allowed/able to download it
OK m8
Like I said.......I'm just a know-nothing
But guess people buy crappy m8 boxes cos they're cheap?
(2015-08-29, 11:44)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]Stop using megatron or whatever roms!

They're talking about Android firmware "ROMs", not the other "community build" kind.
That rom included it
Sorry m8.......................I don't know the difference
Like I already said..............I know nothing
Would be grateful for a list of 'approved' roms
And maybe a list of non approved?
D'ya know what guys.................I think that this is all a waste of time!
I mistakenly thought that one of the primary functions of a forum was for those with knowledge to enlighten those without the advantage of such knowledge.
Sadly this doesn't seem to be the case on this forum.
When I posed my first question it was responded to within a matter of minutes by a 'Donor' telling me that I hadn't followed the correct operating procedure.
Even though when I searched I found no one with a similar problem, couldn't get the program to run long enough to obtain a debug log and assumed that by stating the unit that I used it's hardware would be familiar to those in-the-know.
No help was offered or suggested by this person, just a terse statement.
Obviously there are some sad, pedantic people out there who constantly monitor this forum just waiting to pounce on unsuspecting mugs like me that do not follow the laid down procedure to the letter.
I'd hazard a guess that this 'Donor' fills his or her days train spotting or on some other equally fulfilling pursuit.
Then, in answer to a question, when I innocently stated that I used a particular ROM I actually had a reply from an obviously very knowledgeable person, a 'Team Kodi' person from the 'Dawn of time' no less, who instructed me to 'Stop using megatron or whatever roms!', no explanation, just an instruction.
Conceding that most other people in the world probably know more than me about such things I innocently asked 'why?'
Team Kodi person apparently then decided that to answer such a mundane query was beneath him and declined to elaborate as to 'why?' leaving me even more puzzled than I was before.
I've actually heard from Team Kodi person twice and he/she is obviously a person of few words, their first reply to me consisting of 6 words - 'Stop using megatron or whatever roms!' and the second of 4 words - 'That rom included it' (the grammar of which is questionable) neither of which helped me in my ignorance.
So far none of the questions that I've asked have been answered and so I'm still ignorant of the whys and the wherefores of the software and the equipment that it runs on.
I've reluctantly come to the conclusion that the people 'in the know' on this forum have probably got there heads too far up their own ar*es (especially the train spotter) to deem it worthy to help or even reply to idiots like me.
How are non-knowledgeable people ever going to learn if those with the know-how refuse to pass it on?
Which leads me to ask................who really is the dopey one here?
Our forums are not customer service. Kodi is a free and open source project, ran by volunteers. Everyone, including Team Kodi, is part of the community. The vast majority of questions are answered by just normal folks in the community.

Furthermore, this is only the Kodi forum. There are thousands of Android devices out there, and there's no way for us to support non-kodi issues, like helping you to flash some other Android ROM on your box. I'm a member of Team Kodi, and I have no idea how your specific hardware handles new Android ROMs. If this is an issue with the firmware/ROM then it is an issue we can't help you with. Just as we can't help you fix your car, even if you installed Kodi into your dashboard.
Pages: 1 2