Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Am stuck in kodi cant access my android menu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
I have an m8 android tv box running on kodi v 15. As I was trying out all the icon/applications on my screen I clicked on one that's say Kodi and stuck in this application and can't go back to my android screen. Please help me on what can be done as th home buttom on the remote takes me back only to th kodi screen. I tried to restart th device but am still in kodi. I tried to reset using openlec settings but it won't work either. Is there any way of getting out or exiting this interface?

Please do help me

Thanks
If you see something that says "OpenELEC settings" then you are no longer running Android. OpenELEC is an OS that can replace Android. Sometimes boxes can be set up to boot in either Android or OpenELEC, but it shouldn't really be possible to accidentally get into OpenELEC. It normally takes a number of steps to even install it on any amlogic/Android device.
Is it possible that you have changed your "Home" location to the kodilauncher? Try to click in the top right corner and drag it down 2 times and click on settings. Then in "Home" or "Homepage" (do not know because my android is Dutch) choose the correct launcher. Now your home button will work again and by pressing it you will return to your normal android.