Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Reset Rom Collection Browser AutoConfig
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am using a Fire Stick with Kodi installed. I would like to run SNES games (as well as maybe others).

I don't think I configured the ROM Collection Browser correctly because I have not specified a folder for ROMs. Can I delete the original config file and start from scratch?

I know I can
Code:
adb connect <IP ADRESS>
to connect to the device.

after that I can
Code:
adb shell
to see the directories. Side mention; I thought I would be connected to the device and have Unix/Linux commands to use. I was unable to use
Code:
clear
. Is there an equivalent for this?

On to the real question, where can I find the directory path to locate ROM Collection Browser settings and config file? I can not use the find or locate commands from a standard Unix shell.

In short, how can I reset the settings to ROM Collection Browser so I can use the Wizzard again on the Amazon Fire Stick running Kodi?

Thanks in advance!
Am I posting in the wrong forum?
James, it's in Roaming>Kodi>userdata>addon_data>script.games.rom.collection.browser

Cheers!
Thanks for your help. I was able to locate the path with your help.

For a Fire Stick running Kodi, the path is:

/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/addon_data

in there I found the folder:

script.games.rom.collection.browser

then used the commands:

adb kill-server
adb start-server
adb connect <IP to Fire Stick>
adb shell

then navigating to the direcoty with the cd command, and removing the folder using rm -R /FolderName

I will relaunch ROM Collection Browser and see if the autoconfig relaunches now.

Edit: It worked.

Thanks again!
Ftw pal, cheers
I messed up my installation also. Everytime I click Rom Collection Browser I get a configuration error and it doesnt start up. I tried uninstalling, clearing Cache but I cant get it to work. Is there a way to totally wipe out all the data of my previous installation and start over again? Thanks
@nickc75 Check out post number four.

(2015-09-14, 01:12)nickc75 Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way to totally wipe out all the data of my previous installation and start over again?

You must delete the configuration file: script.games.rom.collection.browser
(2015-09-14, 01:12)nickc75 Wrote: [ -> ]I messed up my installation also. Everytime I click Rom Collection Browser I get a configuration error and it doesnt start up. I tried uninstalling, clearing Cache but I cant get it to work. Is there a way to totally wipe out all the data of my previous installation and start over again? Thanks

Delete this folder = Roaming>Kodi>userdata>addon_data>script.games.rom.collection.browser
Thanks for getting back to me. Where do I go in Kodi to find the folder? Can I delete the folder on Amazon Fire TV using the Amazon remote? Or do I have to attach Fire TV to my computer and find the folder and delete it that way?
(2015-09-14, 06:48)nickc75 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for getting back to me. Where do I go in Kodi to find the folder? Can I delete the folder on Amazon Fire TV using the Amazon remote? Or do I have to attach Fire TV to my computer and find the folder and delete it that way?

Follow this, at computer.

User
AppData
Roaming
Kodi
userdata
addon_data

Cheers!
Post number Four describes this process, that is why I documented it. Connect to your fire stick remotley from your computer. If you dont know how to do this, google it. Lots of tutorials out there.

In short, download Android Development Kit. Open CMD window. navigate to the platform tools folder and set that sa your directory.

in CMD prompt:

cd C:\Users\NAME\AppData\Local\Android\sdk\platform-tools

You can now use the command

adb kill-server
adb start-server
adb connect <IP TO FIRE STICK>

Once that is done

you can use the command
adb shell

Note:___________________________________________________________________________________

now you are in the box. Use stadard unix commands to navigate to the directory mentioned in post number 4.

once in the main directory delete the folder where the config file remains.

restart the application ROM Collection Browser.
________________________________________________________________________________________

Hint, once on the box (you will see a $ sign after your directory) you can type:

cd /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/addon_data
rm -R script.games.rom.collection.browser

Done.