Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Smart Playlists shared and/or UPnP playing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My setup:
Several Isengard HTPC's on a variety of OS's (windows, linux, openELEC), sharing a mySQL library.

My goal: Have access to all smart playlists easily on every device; or alternatively to be able to use UPnP to stream a smart playlist to other devices.

Basically, I want to be able to make a music (or video, or whatever) playlist on my primary HTPC, and be able to play it on any device in my house. For example, put on a music smart playlist in my daughter's room, without having to actually go there.

So, I can open a music smart playlist, and play a song from it to a UPnP target with the context menu "> Play with..." entry, and that works fine, but it only plays one song. However, there is no "Play With..." context menu on smart playlists themselves;

The smart playlists made on my primary HTPC are not visible on other HTPC's either - clearly, they're not shared through the MySQL database. Is there an easy way to do that?
I don't think this feature is in Kodi, the UPnP play to feature is one off each time as it was explained to me Kodi scans for UPnP/DLNA targets each time you go to context menu but it has no way of remembering those targets so after it finishes playing the media item your back to square one so to speak.

Maybe my info is out of date in relation to this.
Is this issue is still faced.