Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: 5.1 Audio Inconsistencies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I posted this in another thread but realized it deserved its own.

I'm having some weird issues with 5.1 on my nexus player. I'll try and describe as clearly as I can.

First off, I have my settings set for 2.0 channels and passthrough DD and DTS enabled, DD transcode also. I'm using an hdmi extractor set to 5.1 to get audio to AV receiver via toslink.

Upon launch if I go to play a file with DD or 5.1 AAC which would normally be transcoded I wont get proper audio. Straight DD will give no sound, and the AAC will only give front left and right with my receiver displaying 5.1 DD incoming. I can then go on to play a DTS 5.1 file and get proper audio. I can after this go straight to either of the previous files, DD or AAC, and if I hit play while the DTS file is playing I will get proper 5.1. My receiver will still have the dts logo displayed though, but I will get proper 5.1 from my dts, aac, and dd files. However I now have no 2.0 audio at all, menu audio and tv shows with 2.0 have no sound. If I stop all playback and let the system sit for a few minutes then the system seems to reset and I can get 2.0 again in the menu.

For now I leave DD passthrough disabled and it plays fine as 2.0 pcm audio.

Here is a google drive shareable link to kodi.log. I started the kodi and went straight to play a movie with 5.1 DD. I am using emby for library access. I tried direct smb network access and got the same results.
Kodi.log
I've went back and loaded files via smb, one with DD, one with AAC, and a DTS. Had debug log enabled. I looked through it and can't really figure out whats going on. I highlighted the 3 opening commands and 3 audio streams that were opened to make it easier for anyone to look through. I've saved it in MS wordpad as opposed to txt so I could keep the highlights.

Kodi.log

I hope anyone can give me some idea as to whats going on and why I have 5.1 issues.
No one has any clue huh?
Can you post a product link to the HDMI extractor that you are using?
Make sure it is on 2channel on the extractor. It will still result in 5.1 sound, but this kind of set up only uses 2 PCM data channels.
I will double check that and try again.

Though when I use dts it still gives me 5.1
Tried with extractor and kodi set at 2.0... No dolby