Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Eminence 2.0 [Matrix on Official Repo]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-09-25, 13:11)avia Wrote: [ -> ]Something strange, previous versions, i could choose a background image from my computer (I'm on a Mac), after installing the latest version. He does not allow me to select images from the computer are only two folders. Has anyone encountered this phenomenon.

I do not believe I am experiencing this @avia also Mac OS, tested on PowerBook and mac mini... adding a >Background >Fallback image presents me with the folders Desktop, Home Folder, Mac HD and my volumes (external HDs).

likewise the same applies to >Home >Customise home menu >Select background
(2015-09-25, 11:33)BobCratchett Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-09-25, 08:21)stueeey Wrote: [ -> ]I can confirm within eminence.2 the 'choose primary highlight colour' that changes 'all' the tab colours... the colour chosen is being applied across all 3 profiles.
Note: when switching the user with your skinshortcuts branch Kodi quits and when I relaunching the colour appears to default to default blue. when changing colour again and switching to another user the colour transposes across all users.

changing my skin to mimic and applying a primary colour change to the main menu colour band the same colour is also applied across all 3 profiles even when swapping between users and applying separate colours to each.

Thanks for the testing. Those settings (particularly Mimic which doesn't yet fully support the skin shortcuts script) are all saved by Kodi and not a script, so it's a Kodi issue that they're transferring between profiles Smile (Though we've still tracked down a profile bug in skin shortcuts, and my thanks to you for that, too!) And sorry jurialmunkey - I hope we haven't derailed the thread too much! Blush

@BobCratchett thanks for looking into this... do you think it is something I should raise elsewhere in a forum to bring to the devs attention or do you think they are already well aware of it? I don't want to be a nuisance.

speaking of nuisances @jurialmunkey - sincere apologies for hijacking your thread on this issue. sorry [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]
(2015-09-24, 04:02)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]Skin settings - extras - show media flags

Sorry to keep beating this horse but I don't seem to have this option under skin settings>Extras. I'm sure there is something obvious I am missing. Also, I've been using the program since it's Original Xbox days...so I consider myself fairly familiar.
Loving the new skin!! just one issue i've come across and that's the recently added movies..

it seems to be ignoring the limit i've set in advancedsettings.xml and limiting itself to 10...

<recentlyaddeditems>100</recentlyaddeditems>

Is there anyway to fix this?
(2015-09-25, 14:49)stueeey Wrote: [ -> ]@BobCratchett thanks for looking into this... do you think it is something I should raise elsewhere in a forum to bring to the devs attention or do you think they are already well aware of it? I don't want to be a nuisance.

speaking of nuisances @jurialmunkey - sincere apologies for hijacking your thread on this issue. sorry [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

After almost 12 hours, and no complaints of hijacking the thread, I'll make one final post on the issue Wink

I've no idea if the devs are aware of the issue. If, however, they are anything like me (albeit an enthusiastic scripter, rather than a skilled coder), they won't mind a good bug report whether they are already aware of the issue or not. (A good bug report always stands a good chance of adding additional information they weren't aware of Wink). To be clear, I've experienced the issue only on Jarvis, and not Isengard. Assuming your experience is the same, it appears there is an issue with the new code in Jarvis which saves skin settings in the addon_data folder - when switching profiles (from my very brief testing, the situation I experienced the issue with), skin strings aren't saved for the currently active profile, but are saved (when Kodi is quit) for the profile that has been logged into.

And I promise I'll stop de-railing the thread now Smile Sorry jurialmunkey!
(2015-09-25, 00:59)-FuFu- Wrote: [ -> ]another question, will it be possible to change the text for the main titel on the Home screen like in v1 from the skin? In my opinion it looks nicer Smile
here a screenshot what i mean (Text "MediaCenterPC")
also i miss the number of channel in the Headline like in v1 from the skin (see screenshot 2)
Added an option to change main header text. Channels counter will come soon Smile

(2015-09-25, 08:32)guido1138 Wrote: [ -> ]1. BUG Transparency Setting Not Preserved
On updating to a new version of Eminence 2, the setting Appearance.Skin.Colours will revert to "Skin Default" from a previous setting of "Transparent Home Bar".

2. BUG Transparency Setting Doesn't Apply to Home Widget Information
This results in an inconsistent home screen with opaque widget info but transparent home bar. Allowing the widget info to also be transparent helps reduce perceived screen clutter and contributes to a sense of width for the artwork. This seems to be a regression since recent skin versions allowed the widget info to be transparent.

3. BUG Video OSD Setting "Show plot when pressing info" Does Nothing
Regardless of the setting, the plot information seems always present when pressing "up" on the OSD or "i" for info during playback. I actually think this setting is unnecessary and there is little downside to having this plot information present always.

4. BUG Header Setting "Match header tile with highlight color" Doesn't
When set, the header tile on the home screen is not highlighted, but is highlighted on other non-home screens.

5. BUG Can't Choose Skin Colour for Primary/Secondary
When selecting "Choose primary/secondary highlight color", an overlay text box appears with only the entries "Pick a color...", "Color value:" and "Save" at the top. There are no "color swatches" to choose from, as seen in some forum posts. Selecting "Color value:" just brings up the virtual keyboard. I see this behaviour with freshly installed skin.eminence.2, script.skinshortcuts, and script.skin.helper.service from the 2015-09-23 git. I am seeing this on both Kodi 15.2-rc2 and SPMC 15, running on AFTV.

6. BUG Incorrect Home Bar On Fresh Install
On my first skin install, the home bar had "Search" and "Power" tiles, both with a "puzzle piece" icon. I fixed things manually, but noticed that doing "Reset Skin Shortcuts" set up the proper home bar, without "Search" and with the correct icon for "Power". The home bar on fresh install should matche "Reset skin shortcuts".

7. BUG Can't Revert Movie/TV Hub Widget to Default Spotlight
When selecting a hub widget for TV/Movies there is no option for the installation default, called "Spotlight" making it impossible to revert.

8. BUG Default TV Hub Widget "Spotlight" Shows Movies Not TV

9. BUG RSS Feed on Weather Page Doesn't Span Screen Width
It does do this on other pages, e.g TV, Movies, etc.

10. BUG Wrong RSS Feed Position Using Power Button Tile
On pressing the Power tile, the RSS feed box and text slide down to the screen bottom, behind the home bar. On pressing "back" and returning to the home screen, the RSS feed box slides back up but the text remains scrolling at the screen bottom.

11. IMPROVEMENT / BUG Problems with Extra Info On Video OSD
"Extra Info" pauses the video, while all the other OSD menus/options allow the video to continue playing. Once, after Extra Info paused my video, I naively tried to resume by pressing the "Play" on the Extra Info overlay window, only to find it restarted my video from the beginning. We should allow the video to continue playing and give the Extra Info overlay some more transparency. We should also hide any buttons like "Play" or "Youtube" that would take you away from the currently playing video.

If the video pause is kept or made an option, then pressing "back" from the Extra Info overlay should un-pause the video and not leave it paused as currently done.

In all cases, pressing "back" from the Extra Info overlay should close the overlay but leave the OSD up. Currently, pressing "back" closes both the overlay and the OSD.

Another big problem with Extra Info is that it can show incorrect information, i.e. for a completely different movie. It appears "Extra Info" just tries to match on the title, even if there is more complete information in Kodi's media DB. I see the Extra Info is trying to be like Amazon X-ray, with cast info and similar titles, etc. I thnk this would be great, but the content matching must be fixed.

Is Extra Info using the Extended Info add-on? The Extra Info overlay window looks similar to that one gets with "Movie Information" from a Movie view. But where Extra Info will show the wrong details, I've seen "Movie Information" for the same content will show the correct details..

12. IMPROVEMENT Weather Page Icons Consistent with Skin
The only icons available on the weather page are "photo realistic" ones similar to Confluence, which don't match the style of Eminence or even the existing weather icons in the header. Eminence 1 for example had some nice, line-arty, high-contrast weather page icons. Please consider using those in place of the current ones as default.

13. IMPROVEMENT Make "Transparent Home" Setting the Skin Default
I found exposing more of the artwork this way helps reduce clutter and better promotes a sense of width for the graphics/artwork, in line with other changes you made on TV/Movie views.

14. IMPROVEMENT Ability to Customize Home Header Text
Being able to edit the header text on the home page would be a clean, simple way to customize the skin to a particular profile or installation (Kodi vs. SPMC), and far cleaner than altering the header tile.

15. IMPROVEMENT Choose Behaviour for Home Widget Information
Should allow setting the behaviour similar to posters, i.e. Never/Always/On Up. The current behaviour is equivalent to Always/On Up. This change would allow setting up a nice wide view of the home widget.

16. IMPROVEMENT Expand RSS Feed On Home Widget Full Screen
I can understand the rationale for the narrow RSS feed area above the home bar. It overloads the notification area without obscuring too much background art, although that's mitigated somewhat when using a transparent home. However, when pressing up and going to a full-screen home widget, it would make sense for the RSS feed area to span the screen width, given it's not very tall and obscures little at the bottom of the screen.

17. IMPROVEMENT Update Home Widget to "Spotlight/In-Progress"
The current Spotlight widget only shows movies. It would be helpful to reproduce the behaviour in Eminence 1, where the "Spotlight/In-Progress" widget also showed recently aired TV episodes added to your library for example.

18. IMPROVEMENT Better Library View "Media Info 3"
The individual elements of ths view are great, but their layout has issues. There is a large poster on the left, large fan art on the right, and scrolling text in the middle. When scrolling to a new entry, it is awkward and hard on the eyes since there are graphics changes on oppsite screen sides. This is exacerbated since the poster and fan art change at slightly different times. A better layout, from left to right, would be scrolling text, then poster, then fan art. This new layout also matches "Media Info 2" and provides a better transition when switching from that view.

19. IMPROVEMENT Better Library View "Big Wide"
The 90-degree rotated text makes for a jarring view that disorients while scrolling horizontally, presenting usability problems. While I can read sideways or upside-down, my userbase would have problems. I really like the large-format artwork, and want to keep it since this is the only view that has it. But I suggest moving artwork to the screen right side, and having normal 0-degree text scrolling vertically on the left side.

20. IMPROVEMENT Flesh Out Navigation Keys for Video/Music OSD
Efficient OSD navigation using directional keys has been an Eminence staple and should continue if possible. It would be useful to implement the follwing:
o pressing "down" closes an open video or music OSD.
o pressing "up" opens or toggles closed the basic info text block from a video or music OSD.

21. IMPROVEMENT Show Kodi Build Information In System Info
This is very useful for tracking and troubleshooting, and was available in Eminence 1.0 and Confluence.

22. IMPROVEMENT Vertically Stack CPU and RAM Usage In System Info
Stacking them and aligning the 0% and 100% normalizes both displays, simplifying the "how much?" question at a glance, unlike the current side-by-side layout.

23. IMPROVEMENT Progress Bar Should Not Float Above OSD
Pressing "up" on the video OSD will open the info/plot text box, but also "float up" the progress bar.
The progress bar and OSD player controls are functionally tied together and should be that way visually. Also, Eminence has a historic style of stacking or abutting elements, but the currently behaviour is like "inflating" the space between the OSD and progress bar to write info inside. Please leave the progress bar where it is and open the info *above* it if possible.

24. IMPROVEMENT Allow Larger Display of CD Cover In Music Views
One of the Eminence 2 goals seems to be making better use of space, especially for graphics. The Music library views use a "poster" aspect ratio to display "square" aspect CD artwork. There should be enough room to increase the width of the "Artwork" box, making it square and accommodating larger album artwork.

25. FEEDBACK Remove Video Library Delayed Plot Overlay
I find this overlay hurts usability more than anything else. The information is easily available on any "Info" view style in the library. Most of the time the overlay just obscures things one is trying to read. And the full-screen text block is very inconsistent with anything else in Eminence. I've tried but can't justify even having this as an option with the long-term maintenance that entails.

26. FEEDBACK Remove/Change Scrolling Posters for Home Widget Info
I have to agree with others who commented that the widget posters obscure too much of the background and make the interface look cluttered. Pressing "up" for the full-screen widget is just as bad, since the objective of "full-screen" is defeated by having widget posters equivalent to the home bar in size.

The functionality being added to the home screen is one of browsing posters and fan art, which is better located in the Movie/TV views. Also, those Movie/TV views allow fine-tuned selection of the content being scrolled, and are not widget defined and limited.

Perhaps we could have "full-screen" views within the Movie/TV sections that allow scrolling through foreground posters and displaying background fan art? That might reduce the pressure to do this on the home screen.

As I thought about widget posters more, there was one legitimate case I could think of: a single mini-poster for the currently displayed fan art. I would support an option to place a mini-poster next to the widget info angled text block.

27. FEEDBACK Preserving Header Tile
I know there has been a request to repurpose or customize the home screen header tile, but I'd like to suggest instead of that we allow the home header text to be customized as Eminence 1 allowed. The header tile is actually pretty important. It serves as an anchor for the interface, providing navigational queues and status updates. For some users I see, even Eminence has a lot going on the screen, and after pressing a button they can be lost wondering what's happening. Knowing to check the header tile and see "Busy" is a little help, for example. As it is for spot ckecking where they are while in some deep menu.
1. Can't reproduce. Not a skin issue - Kodi issue.
2. Intentional - needed for masking posters in widget. If you want to make the info box transparent add the following to the Transparent Home Bar.xml in the skin.eminence.2/colors/ folder
Code:
<color name="HomeWidgetBG">e2181818</color>
3. Works properly for me - Up will always open info that is intentional. Enabling this option ensures that pressing info without the osd open will open the plot box.
4. Fixed on latest git
5. Works properly for me. I know that firetv boxes often have unicode errors that other boxes don't have. Might be related to something like that. Will be a bug in helper script - might be worth reporting in that thread with a debug log.
6. This is intentional functionality of script.skinshortcuts -- the point is that it shares home menu items between skins so that you don't have to resetup everything for every skin. That's one of the main reasons why there is the "Reset to default" button in the customisation dialog.
7. The "spotlight" text is just fallback text when nothing has been selected as the widget. The widget is actually "Random Movies" so set that as the widget.
8. Side effect of having up to nine hubs to customise. I will look into a convienient way to set tvshows widget as default.
9. Intentional. There will be a weather fanart widget. The idea being that clicking the weather tile will transition seemlessly between home and weather screen.
10. Should be fixed on git
11. Yes it uses extendedinfo. I'm looking into ways to resume playback on close, but haven't found a way that works bug free. Because it takes a while to load and covers the whole screen, pausing is necessary. I may rethink this at a later stage.
12. Weather icons selection options will come with the Jarvis version, taking advantage of the new resource addons
13. Not possible - there's masking issues when there are more than 10 items on the home bar so it has to be a non-default option. Plus I prefer the solid bar anyway.
14. Added on git
15. I'll think about it
16. No way to do this in a nice way
17. Only way to do this in the same way (interleaved) is to use the old pre-Gotham ways of handling widgets which I'm not really interested in implementing as it just causes more headaches for me than it is worth. I'll be adding a few more widgets from the helper service - one of which is a combined recommended and inprogress media widget so that will go some way to something similar.
18.Tried it, wasn't a fan. I'll look to tweak the transition times for the artwork so that they match if they dont currently.
19. Interesting idea - I'll look at adding something along these lines.
20. Doesn't it already work like this? I just need to add the bit to close the osd controls by pressing down
21. I'll have a look, probably just forgot to add it.
22. Not enough space -- it might seem like there is but it depends on how many lines of info text are visible depending on the system.
23. Prefer how it is now.
24. Some additional Music views will be coming soon (including a square list art view)
25. I don't see much point to this. Just dont enable it in settings... Its a very simple piece of code so not difficult to maintain. Many people, including myself, find it useful -- I don't use the automatic delay, but I have a button mapped to the control id which allows me to see plot information without any additional information - this is particularly useful from streaming addons that don't have a whole lot of other metadata.
26. Again don't see much point in removing this. Just don't enable it. Its not enabled by default. Many people find much value in this type of setup. Also, not interested in "fullscreen" views in the library as they are not consistent with the rest of the design.
27. Again don't see much point in this. Just don't enable the option if you don't want to. I can see a great benefit in being able to change icon and text depending on which profile is set so that you can easily tell which profile is enabled (e.g. A perfect scenario demonstrating the use of this is realising that you haven't changed back to the "Kids" profile).

(2015-09-25, 13:11)avia Wrote: [ -> ]Something strange, previous versions, i could choose a background image from my computer (I'm on a Mac), after installing the latest version. He does not allow me to select images from the computer are only two folders. Has anyone encountered this phenomenon.
Works fine for me. Make sure you have the folders added as a source in the kodi file manager.

(2015-09-25, 16:38)mfwilli Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-09-24, 04:02)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]Skin settings - extras - show media flags
Sorry to keep beating this horse but I don't seem to have this option under skin settings>Extras. I'm sure there is something obvious I am missing. Also, I've been using the program since it's Original Xbox days...so I consider myself fairly familiar.
Can you check what version of the skin you have installed? Media flags were added in 0.9.10
Settings > Addons > My Addons > Skins > Eminence 2.0 -- press "info" key to see.

(2015-09-25, 21:01)danmedhurst Wrote: [ -> ]Loving the new skin!! just one issue i've come across and that's the recently added movies..
it seems to be ignoring the limit i've set in advancedsettings.xml and limiting itself to 10...
<recentlyaddeditems>100</recentlyaddeditems>
Is there anyway to fix this?
Skin uses a smart playlist to show recently added items. If you edit skin.eminence.2/extras/playlists/NewMovies.xsp in a text editor you will see you can increase the limit there.

(2015-09-26, 02:01)BobCratchett Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-09-25, 14:49)stueeey Wrote: [ -> ]@BobCratchett thanks for looking into this... do you think it is something I should raise elsewhere in a forum to bring to the devs attention or do you think they are already well aware of it? I don't want to be a nuisance.

After almost 12 hours, and no complaints of hijacking the thread, I'll make one final post on the issue Wink

I've no idea if the devs are aware of the issue. If, however, they are anything like me (albeit an enthusiastic scripter, rather than a skilled coder), they won't mind a good bug report whether they are already aware of the issue or not. (A good bug report always stands a good chance of adding additional information they weren't aware of Wink). To be clear, I've experienced the issue only on Jarvis, and not Isengard. Assuming your experience is the same, it appears there is an issue with the new code in Jarvis which saves skin settings in the addon_data folder - when switching profiles (from my very brief testing, the situation I experienced the issue with), skin strings aren't saved for the currently active profile, but are saved (when Kodi is quit) for the profile that has been logged into.

And I promise I'll stop de-railing the thread now Smile Sorry jurialmunkey!
No problem with hijacking the thread Smile
Better to get to the bottom of these issues!
Can confirm that its not reproducible on Isengard -- settings changes between profiles on Isengard works perfectly fine for me. So maybe it is indeed a Jarvis bug.
Definitely worth reporting - profile settings should be saved when switching as profile switching without quitting is a fairly common usage scenario I would think.

Works fine for me. Make sure you have the folders added as a source in the kodi file manager.

Which folders is this? I did not understand

These two folders I see, I'm trying to choose background images. i can not go get these folders.

One more thing

is there a possibility Smile

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2115002
(2015-09-26, 05:02)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-09-25, 00:59)-FuFu- Wrote: [ -> ]another question, will it be possible to change the text for the main titel on the Home screen like in v1 from the skin? In my opinion it looks nicer Smile
here a screenshot what i mean (Text "MediaCenterPC")
also i miss the number of channel in the Headline like in v1 from the skin (see screenshot 2)
Added an option to change main header text. Channels counter will come soon Smile

thanks Smile when the "background overlay" is added all main functions are in for me Big Grin
great work, just love the skin
(2015-09-24, 13:47)Leopold Wrote: [ -> ]Is this supposed to be Isengard only? It won't install on master (Jarvis) due to the backwards-compatibility change made 10 days ago.

Code:
11:33:02 17026.230469 T:1400894464   DEBUG: CAddonInstallJob[skin.eminence.2]: requires xbmc.gui version 5.3.0 which is not available

I'm trying to install it from my private repository which is kept up to date with your git master.
If this is supposed to be compatible with Jarvis could you bump the xbmc.gui to 5.9.0? Then it would be installable for Isengard and Jarvis. Or are you aiming for backward compatibility with Helix?
I do agree with Guido that it looks weird and inconsistent to have a trasnparent home bar but an opaque info widget on the home screen - if this is intentional for the purposes of the posters, then perhaps make it contingent on the choice of whether or not to have the posters enabled, with a 'help' note explaining that this 'will make widget background opaque no matter what the menu bar settings are' - or - if you're going for consistency, I would almost consider this a reason to disable the posters entirely. But again, making it optional and contingent is a 'solution' - just not a perfect one, because it means that for some configurations the skin will, in fact, look inconsistent.

It really does look weird to have some elements opaque and some transparent.
Me again Big Grin and sorry for having so much wishes for this skin, but i really love this skin Smile
will it be possible to add a Menu to edit the Power Options? (like in my screenshot)

I add this option myself and yes, i missed some power options. In other skins i just edit out the options i wont need, but maybe its a option, that other people also like to use, so i just asking if you maybe will add this feature? Smile
I'm downloading the zip from git in order to update the version i currently have but it's telling me that its not the correct structure...
(2015-09-26, 14:41)danmedhurst Wrote: [ -> ]I'm downloading the zip from git in order to update the version i currently have but it's telling me that its not the correct structure...

I have this too, what I do is unzip it and add it 'manually' (drag & drop, copy & paste etc) to the addons folder. you should then be able to access it from appearances as a skin.... don't forget to add the Git versions of skinshortcuts & skinhelperservice too (these should both add from zip install.
(2015-09-26, 14:41)danmedhurst Wrote: [ -> ]I'm downloading the zip from git in order to update the version i currently have but it's telling me that its not the correct structure...

maybe try to redownload the file from github?
here its installed just fine
(2015-09-26, 15:43)-FuFu- Wrote: [ -> ]

maybe try to redownload the file from github?
here its installed just fine

I had this problem earlier Smile Jurial told me to change the file name Smile That worked.