Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Eminence 2.0 [Matrix on Official Repo]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@psike - I had to change your code a bit - there were a few syntax mistakes. I commented on the PR if you want to see what changes were required. Thanks for the idea though Smile
Nice work with the new version. I like the new home screen customization window and the color picker.

One thing I find difficult compared to Confluence is that there is no visual indication of the step size when using skip steps (i.e. -00:10, -01:00, etc). Could that be added or is the omission a deliberate design decision?
(2015-09-27, 15:22)mau47 Wrote: [ -> ]Loving the new version of the skin. I have one problem and one suggestion

1) if I turn on opaque panels and have it set to show video file info the icons hang off of the bottom of the display area for them.

http://imgur.com/9TyNZuT

2) It would be nice to have a way to set the navigation bar to be text only I remove a bunch of the native items so I end up large gaps of white space on either side of the menu. Even what is currently displayed will be pared down a little more at minimum with removing videos and maybe even programs. So it would be nice to just have the text labels and the little highlight at the bottom to reduce the amount of wasted space and allow more of a view of background art.

http://imgur.com/mHvwyqh

Thanks for all the hard work.

How did you get the movie posters to display like that in your second screenshotHuh am i missing a setting somewhere?

Edit : NVM found it Smile
Is there any way to easily transfer skin settings between devices?

I see some skins have a way to export / import settings.. would this be an option for Eminence 2?
(2015-09-28, 20:16)danmedhurst Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any way to easily transfer skin settings between devices?

I see some skins have a way to export / import settings.. would this be an option for Eminence 2?

It would be a great option. Today it is a necessary thing in any Skin

@jurialmunkey will it be possible?
Small bugs:
1. The new Channels counter is not working.
2. RSS ticker is not moving when using the mouse or when going in and out from full screen mode (pressing '\')
3. I'm using Video add-ons as my widget. This widget will show all add-ons in the list including 'Get more' item. Problem is clicking on 'Get more' will not do anything.

and one request:
Renaming widgets title.
I'm using a playlist as one of my widgets. The playlist title is taking over the widget title but I want to rename it to something else.
will it be possible?

Thanks.
Are you still working on Arctic: Zephyr or is Eminence now top (and only?) priority?
(2015-09-29, 00:44)psike Wrote: [ -> ]Small bugs:
2. RSS ticker is not moving when using the mouse or when going in and out from full screen mode (pressing '\')
3. I'm using Video add-ons as my widget. This widget will show all add-ons in the list including 'Get more' item. Problem is clicking on 'Get more' will not do anything.

and one request:
Renaming widgets title.
I'm using a playlist as one of my widgets. The playlist title is taking over the widget title but I want to rename it to something else.
will it be possible?

Thanks.

+1 for renaming widget title... I'm using PleXBMC and I'd really like to remove the fact it's a PleXBMC widget from the title.

ie. instead of widget title...

'PleXBMC - Recently Added'

I'd really like it to be 'Recently Added'
hey, great work as ever.
did Eminence v2 work with jarvis?
I'm using it on Jarvis without problems.
hi jurial!

i'm still on helix, so can't test your new version yet. however i have a small question/request...

in eminence v1 in the music section, one could not see the year of an album in album list view. only when entering an album and the songlist appears, the year of the album is visible.
so i wonder if you could change this in v2, so that the year of an album is always visible?
*** discussion of banned addons is not allowed ***
http://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Forum_rul...acy_Policy
Is it possible to remove the sort by title ascending on the library views, i really hate that... i donĀ“t want to see letters cutting of my views of the movies covers, is really annoying and ugly it seems that chops off my views.
(2015-09-29, 00:44)psike Wrote: [ -> ]and one request:
Renaming widgets title.
will it be possible?

Thanks.

(2015-09-29, 00:53)stueeey Wrote: [ -> ]+1 for renaming widget title... I'm using PleXBMC and I'd really like to remove the fact it's a PleXBMC widget from the title.

ie. instead of widget title...

'PleXBMC - Recently Added'

I'd really like it to be 'Recently Added'

Can you please request this in the Skin Shortcuts thread. I'm not against adding the feature to the script, though it would need discussion on the best way to do it (or whether the titles can be improved) but this thread isn't the best place for that Smile
(2015-09-28, 17:35)Leopold Wrote: [ -> ]Nice work with the new version. I like the new home screen customization window and the color picker.

One thing I find difficult compared to Confluence is that there is no visual indication of the step size when using skip steps (i.e. -00:10, -01:00, etc). Could that be added or is the omission a deliberate design decision?
Thanks.
Should be added on git.

(2015-09-28, 20:16)danmedhurst Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any way to easily transfer skin settings between devices?

Good idea. I think this is possible through the helper script. I'll look into it.

(2015-09-29, 00:44)psike Wrote: [ -> ]Small bugs:
1. Should be fixed. Was a typo Smile
2. Mouse is still not 100% supported and probably should really be disabled unless you have a real need to use it. I'm looking for a solution to this issue but haven't found it yet. Might need to disable the mouse triggering the widget
3. Unfortunately not much I can do about this.

(2015-09-29, 00:48)MasterPhW Wrote: [ -> ]Are you still working on Arctic: Zephyr or is Eminence now top (and only?) priority?
Yes, just taking a break to get Eminence ready for repo submission. Definitely will be returning to Arctic Zephyr in the future.