Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Eminence 2.0 [Matrix on Official Repo]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-09-21, 02:38)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]@karandas - Sorry, missed your post. Yep will add an option to disable the info box. Do you think the info box should show when pressing up? Or the old way with big text on screen at the bottom?
Sounds both nice!
I like the idea when i see a movie in background and need some information that press up and see all information.

(2015-09-21, 02:38)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]Will add some indicators for 3d / imdb top 250 / bluray etc. Just looking for some nice ones that fit well.
Sounds perfect! Only a few icons / information more.

And one more question:
Is it correct that Eminence 2.0 only use on Background per Movie? At the "old version" they use extra fanart. Change the Background at the movie selection etc ...
But at the moment they dont do this.

And what is Fallback Widget / Fallback Background? Dont understand this... :/

And sorry, i´m german. Smile

P.S.

WOW! Your very fast! I like the Mediaflags. Looks nice! But all my movies are SD 480P ?
The Mediaflag for 3D works great. Now i see what movie 3D. And at some movies i see Blu-ray flag and some movies not?

And i love it that you bring back transparent home bar color scheme! Looks so nice now Smile Thanks!
Ah! With the new release, the 'extra info' overlay is no longer dimmed out Smile Thanks!
If you could add something similar (or identical even) to the 'Wide' view in Arctic: Zephyr that would be really cool. It's great for episode views..
(2015-09-21, 10:24)Karandras Wrote: [ -> ]And one more question:
Is it correct that Eminence 2.0 only use on Background per Movie? At the "old version" they use extra fanart. Change the Background at the movie selection etc ...
But at the moment they dont do this.

And what is Fallback Widget / Fallback Background? Dont understand this... :/

And sorry, i´m german. Smile

P.S.

WOW! Your very fast! I like the Mediaflags. Looks nice! But all my movies are SD 480P ?
The Mediaflag for 3D works great. Now i see what movie 3D. And at some movies i see Blu-ray flag and some movies not?

And i love it that you bring back transparent home bar color scheme! Looks so nice now Smile Thanks!
Fallback Background is uses, when there is no background found for the movie or section your in, its also uses as background in settings and plugins without background.
Fallback Widget is used, when the widget that is set has no entrys.

And i love this skin Big Grin only 1 thing i missed from the previous version of the skin is to set a background overlay, that appears over all background, i realy liked this option and hope it will be integrated in the new skin.
Also i notice a bug, if i set a custom tile background color like "ff666666" the tile on homescreen just went black but by hover the tile it gets the custom color.

btw. im german to, so sorry for my bad english
(2015-09-21, 06:12)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-09-21, 03:06)stueeey Wrote: [ -> ]really loving this skin @jurialmunkey - a really nice home screen interface... the translucent home bar is a nice touch, took me a while to find it though (was looking for it under skin settings for ages)

not sure if your looking for user feedback, suggestions, requests, realise its early days... and I'm not quite sure if your intent is to separate Eminence2 from Arctic Zephyr so please dismiss if not relevant to your cause Smile

> consider an option to hide the 'Header' I believe this was a setting under 'Furniture' within arctic zephyr

>> reason being - using PleXBMC to access/view my content, I'd prefer not to see 'PleXBMC' in the header on a constant basis'

> consider implementing the 'Show plot overlay' that is also present within arctic zephyr (love this feature in az, shall implement your previous suggestion here with eminence2 if enabled

thanks for all your hard work here, its looking really good !

The translucent home bar really only works well for home bars with 10 or less items due to the need to mask the sides when there is more items.

Both good suggestions. Will add an option to disable all header text and just leave the icon tile.

Definitely will add the plot overlay - just switched to eminence on my loungeroom htpc and I'm starting to realise just how much I use the remote button I mapped to show the overlay Wink

thanks for making those changes @jurialmunkey... adding a few more requests if I may.

> consider an option to set Home Menu Icons as 'none' - not for all just a particular item (menu button)

>> reason being - I've added a few Home Menu Shortcuts that have no possible icon to suit the shortcut/button... currently the only way I have worked around not setting an icon is to add my own blank icon to the >Media >Icons folder is there an easier way I have missed?

> I cannot help but miss the widget multiple poster widget from AZ (10 posters at one time)... don't get me wrong I love the featured widget you have implemented, its a joy to view ! (love the graphic style)

>> reason being - I miss being able to quickly see whats new in an instant

> with the new 'skin shortcuts script' in mind I wondered whether it is actually possible to apply 2 different styles of widgets to 1 home screen?

>> reason being - I love them both lol, but seriously... I can think of multiple scenarios where applying 1 widget style to a particular menu section wouldn't sit right with another menu section.

ie.

widget style 1 to be applied to menu section 1
widget style 2 applied to menu section 2

is this even currently possible? ...just an idea, thinking out loud

> consider a 'reload skin' option/button from the menu next to settings
ImageLove this skin. Creating a build around it but come up with a little problem.... Is there anyway of hiding or moving the headers around?
Heres pic of my build. Used Aeon Madnox for it as i wanted to see what they was like.

If i put my background using this skin the header in the top left covers my logo. Theres no way i can amend the background now. 150+ of them and it took me days to set them up.

Any ideas?
@jurialmunkey

Like the new Eminence look. Since you still need to work on the livetv section can you create a view that looks something like the Photoshop version attached sample I was working on for Artic Zephir?
It looks like the listing of settopboxes like the Dreambox etc. Important is that it contains as mutch channels as possible and mutch room for the plot.

http://imgur.com/CwDQnzS

Thanks!
(2015-09-21, 10:24)Karandras Wrote: [ -> ]Is it correct that Eminence 2.0 only use on Background per Movie? At the "old version" they use extra fanart. Change the Background at the movie selection etc ...

Currently, yes. However, extrafanart option will come soon Wink

Fixed the resolution flag - was a typo in the code Tongue

Blu-ray flag shows if the filename has either "bluray" "bdrip" "bd25" or "bd50" in the filename.
HD-DVD flag will show if file has "hddvd" in filename.
DVD flag will show if file only has "dvd" in file name.

Also added the option to hide the widget info on home.

(2015-09-21, 11:13)KarmaMole Wrote: [ -> ]Ah! With the new release, the 'extra info' overlay is no longer dimmed out Smile Thanks!
Strange that what I did fixed that. It wasn't happening on any of my machines - I know what fixed it, but it shouldn't have been happening in the first place -- oh well, glad its working now!

(2015-09-21, 11:16)KarmaMole Wrote: [ -> ]If you could add something similar (or identical even) to the 'Wide' view in Arctic: Zephyr that would be really cool. It's great for episode views..
Yeah, I'm working on something. Hard to get something that fits stylistically.

(2015-09-21, 11:19)-FuFu- Wrote: [ -> ]And i love this skin Big Grin only 1 thing i missed from the previous version of the skin is to set a background overlay, that appears over all background, i realy liked this option and hope it will be integrated in the new skin.
Also i notice a bug, if i set a custom tile background color like "ff666666" the tile on homescreen just went black but by hover the tile it gets the custom color.
Unfortunately, you can only use the included tile colours if you are using the show colour for unfocused tiles option. Once the skin is ready, I will write a tutorial showing how you can add additional custom colours for this purpose.

Ah, the background overlay. Forgot about that one. Will add an option in Smile

(2015-09-21, 15:26)stueeey Wrote: [ -> ]thanks for making those changes @jurialmunkey... adding a few more requests if I may.

1. consider an option to set Home Menu Icons as 'none' - not for all just a particular item (menu button)
>> reason being - I've added a few Home Menu Shortcuts that have no possible icon to suit the shortcut/button... currently the only way I have worked around not setting an icon is to add my own blank icon to the >Media >Icons folder is there an easier way I have missed?

2. I cannot help but miss the widget multiple poster widget from AZ (10 posters at one time)... don't get me wrong I love the featured widget you have implemented, its a joy to view ! (love the graphic style)

3. with the new 'skin shortcuts script' in mind I wondered whether it is actually possible to apply 2 different styles of widgets to 1 home screen?

4. Reloadskin button

1. Maybe a solution would be for me to include a blank icon with the other icons at the top of the list?
BTW - you can add custom icons to skin.eminence.2/extras/icons/ to have them show up.

2. I'm working on an idea for this

3. Definitely possible to have different widget styles on a per tile basis.

4. You can add a reload skin button by setting a home tile with the custom action ReloadSkin()

(2015-09-21, 22:16)rudrood Wrote: [ -> ]@jurialmunkey

Like the new Eminence look. Since you still need to work on the livetv section can you create a view that looks something like the Photoshop version attached sample I was working on for Artic Zephir?
It looks like the listing of settopboxes like the Dreambox etc. Important is that it contains as mutch channels as possible and mutch room for the plot.

http://imgur.com/CwDQnzS

Thanks!

I have an idea along these lines. I will keep you posted. BTW Most of the livetv section is now completed (except for a few management dialogs in the settings)
@stueeey - Check out latest git. I've added a widget poster option (only for all widgets currently, but I'll look into adding an option to toggle for individual widgets).

What do you think?

what is your opinion? Is this position ok? Please enable this option

wow, looks Looks amazing

(2015-09-22, 05:06)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]What do you think?

(2015-09-16, 18:27)da-anda Wrote: [ -> ]Image
back to the "content is too wide" topic - this is a very good example for it. This view doesn't gain anything - in contrary the lines in the list are faaaaaaar to wide which makes it hard to follow a certain line. A text covering this width would be way to hard to read as you'd have trouble finding the next line. I'm not saying that the margin around the content has to be as big as in Eminence 1, but at least in my opinion the old Eminence had a much better balance between visual appeal, easy to read/follow and enough info on screen. But yeah, tastes differ. Still looking forward to the final version Smile

edit: I never understood why so many skins have this view http://i.imgur.com/LMBiXkp.png - I mean, you really see nothing on it.

(2015-09-22, 05:06)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]@stueeey - Check out latest git. I've added a widget poster option (only for all widgets currently, but I'll look into adding an option to toggle for individual widgets).

What do you think?

Looks great!
(2015-09-22, 03:25)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunately, you can only use the included tile colours if you are using the show colour for unfocused tiles option. Once the skin is ready, I will write a tutorial showing how you can add additional custom colours for this purpose.

Ah, the background overlay. Forgot about that one. Will add an option in Smile
Thanks Smile and the colors are okay, i just tested it and dont know if it was a bug, so i just reported it Big Grin
but great to here the overlay background comes back Big Grin

(2015-09-22, 05:06)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]@stueeey - Check out latest git. I've added a widget poster option (only for all widgets currently, but I'll look into adding an option to toggle for individual widgets).

What do you think?

Looks realy nice and but i also like the "old" style cause it wont cover that much of the fanart

What do you think?

As an optional layout, I guess it does no harm, but I can't see myself using it just because it suddenly makes Eminence look 'cluttered' - which it never ever did before. Having two bands (one at the bottom and one right across the middle of the screen) makes me visually uncomfortable.
What I might suggest (if you want the poster-band) is that you make it show up only when we press up on the home screen, and the main menu options scroll away, leaving only the widget (as it does now) and then have the posters show up next to the widget. So that this band sits where the main menu sits, and only when we've clicked up to focus on the widget. That might solve the problem.