Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Eminence 2.0 [Matrix on Official Repo]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2017-01-30, 04:31)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-29, 16:45)Headcase_Fargon Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone know a way to force an update to the Next Episodes widget? I use a MySQL database for my library and I notice if I watch an episode on one Kodi device then later move to another, the widget will still display the episode I just watched. Rebooting the device updates it properly, but is there a quicker way?
It is supposed to update automatically in Krypton after watching an episode, but maybe it only triggers locally. The ReloadSkin() command should work to update widgets.
By default it should be available from the shutdown menu which is configurable in Skin Settings > Extras > Customise shutdown menu.

On the keyboard the shutdown menu is usually mapped to S.
You can (re)map a key in your keymap to the following command for the shutdown menu:
Code:
ActivateWindow(shutdownmenu)

Or you can map a key directly to the reloadskin command:
Code:
ReloadSkin()

This didn't work, by the way. The skin reloads, but the same (watched) episodes show in the widget. Rebooting seems to be the only reliable way to get the widget to update properly.
How do I make the fanart on the Info Icons view use the "scale" aspect ratio to fill its box, rather than "keep" which shows the whole of the fanart with borders?

I found the aspectratio tag for the posters in Viewtype_Icon.xml, but cannot find the one for the fanart.
@TMDaines - Look in Includes_Object.xml

Look for this the Object_ExtraInfo include (should be line 290)
Code:
<include name="Object_ExtraInfo">

In that include there is this image control:
Code:
<control type="image">
    <aspectratio>keep</aspectratio>
    <fadetime>200</fadetime>
    <texture background="true">$VAR[Image_Thumb]</texture>
</control>

Change the aspectratio to scale. There is also Object_ExtraInfo2 which is used for MediaInfo2 that shows both fanart and poster with info box.
(2017-02-02, 03:01)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]@TMDaines - Look in Includes_Object.xml
Thanks!

And what about this I posted a while back?

(2016-10-14, 16:34)TMDaines Wrote: [ -> ]Which file do I need to open up to edit the media information screen (the one you get when you press "I" whilst hovering over a video icon/poster)?

I want to make the poster on the left us the "stretch" <aspectratio> tag, but I cannot work out which file needs editing and where.

Quote:Which file do I need to open up to edit the media information screen

dialogvideoinfo.xml
Anyone else having issues with autocomplete on Krypton? I just installed Krypton fresh and then this skin. When I type anything, the auto complete pops up and shows options, but when I select any of them the cursor just spins busy on the top and nothing happens.

And I have to say, thanks for all your hard work on these skin jurialmunkey, this and Arctic:Zephyr are probably the 2 nicest skins of Kodi I've ever used.
(2016-12-19, 00:10)hosko Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-18, 05:03)Norin_Radd Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-17, 02:53)hosko Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible to modify the media flags to include the audio format ie dts, dts ma, dolby true hd etc

Yes it is, go to skin settings and i think you select it on extras hub... but it is possible, you just have to select that option.

edit... know im not sure, but you can choose to show media flags, but cause im not looking at kodi im not sure what shows up on media when you select, but it shows if it is sd blueray and the audio channels, i dont want to inform you wrongly.

It displays resolution and number of audio channels but not audio format. I would like to know if its DTS or DTS HD-MA which is available as media flags in Kodi just not in Eminence

I was able to get them to display by installing from the zip file from github (version 2.5.26), it doesn't appear the option is available in the current version in the Kodi repo. Also, only works on Krypton
(2017-02-02, 12:37)TMDaines Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-02-02, 03:01)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]@TMDaines - Look in Includes_Object.xml
Thanks!
And what about this I posted a while back?
(2016-10-14, 16:34)TMDaines Wrote: [ -> ]Which file do I need to open up to edit the media information screen (the one you get when you press "I" whilst hovering over a video icon/poster)?
I want to make the poster on the left us the "stretch" <aspectratio> tag, but I cannot work out which file needs editing and where.

As thedeadman said, the dialog is DialogVideoInfo.xml

However, it calls the include in the Includes_Object.xml file for the poster

Look for <include name="Object_Poster">

There are three different images in this include for different use conditions.
Look for the image control with this visibility condition:
<visible>IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(tvshow.poster)) + IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(poster))</visible>
change the aspectration from keep to what you want.
Hey! Love your skin but is it possible to add a Netflix kind of view?
I am having issues editimg submenus in Eminence 2.0 (v2.5.18) on kodi 17.0.

In skin settings the changes go just fine and are stored correctly. However when i exit settings and the menus are rebuilt it does not do the sub menus. Only changes made to the main menu are diaplayed.
(2017-02-04, 19:32)Joncorfield Wrote: [ -> ]I am having issues editimg submenus in Eminence 2.0 (v2.5.18) on kodi 17.0.

In skin settings the changes go just fine and are stored correctly. However when i exit settings and the menus are rebuilt it does not do the sub menus. Only changes made to the main menu are diaplayed.

Its working fine for me.

Make sure you aren't editing the "Hub items" when you want "submenu" or vice versa. Submenu is the one that is accessible by pressing down from a menu tile, whereas hubs are special windows with a widget on the left and items on the right that act as a landing page for various library parts (with the default home menu setup, there is a hub when clicking on movies or tv).

If this isn't the case (that you have the menu types confused) then it is highly unlikely to be a skin issue. Also just want to check that you are using the official repo version of skinshortcuts and not the git one.

You can try asking the skinshortcuts maintainer @BobCratchett on the skinshortcuts thread: http://forums.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=178294
You will need a full debug log and clear steps on how to reproduce the issue.
Is there a way to enable vertical home menu instead of the default horizontal one?
Been playing with eminence2 replacing icons in the icon directory. Check out my new home.png and sun.png(weather). Started just configuring Kodi 17 on a Android tablet. When you store your custom icons in the correct directory they appear in the customize home / change icon option. What a great skin!!! So much fun customizing.

It is possible submenu show as widget on home screen?
Is there a way to keep the widget but remove the background? So I can have my own background but when I swipe up the background changes?