Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Eminence 2.0 [Matrix on Official Repo]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Definitely will only be optional and not by default Smile
(2015-09-22, 05:06)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]@stueeey - Check out latest git. I've added a widget poster option (only for all widgets currently, but I'll look into adding an option to toggle for individual widgets).

What do you think?

what do I think? ...mmm (in a word) WOW!

I can see great thought has gone into this, I see why you have implemented a band, it's a great separator from the menu tiles below, which have a very separate function.

I'm not 100% sure at this stage, but I am also presuming that the text plot info angled graphic likely sits in exactly the same position as the other 'featured' widget... this of course would lend itself very nicely to multiple widget implementation (would enable a floorless motion between the 2 types of widgets if the text angled graphic stayed still, motionless) ... (should it be feasible that is) would love to be able to implement this!

really great work @jurialmunkey... thank you !!!!!
(2015-09-22, 07:48)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]Definitely will only be optional and not by default Smile

Is it actually possible for the posters part to only show up when the widget is allowed the full screen? (by the up click, etc?)
(2015-09-22, 05:06)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]@stueeey - Check out latest git. I've added a widget poster option (only for all widgets currently, but I'll look into adding an option to toggle for individual widgets).

What do you think?

This with PleXBMC would be amazing. Have you thought about doing the add-on compatible with your skin?
(2015-09-22, 12:34)curro88 Wrote: [ -> ]

What do you think?

This with PleXBMC would be amazing. Have you thought about doing the add-on compatible with your skin?

I've always been intrigued to know what makes a skin 'PleXBMC Compatible' I've never used 'amber' as I don't like the interface... I know there is an option to 'GO PLEX' but what does it actually assist with?

it's not a leading question.... I am just intrigued as I have been using Kodi & PleXBMC with many different skins over the past year and never used one that is 'PleXBMC compatible' how does compatible benefit?

thanks
There is a bug .. you can see in the attached picture. the rss feed. After a refresh (F5), everything is fine.

(2015-09-22, 12:49)stueeey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-09-22, 12:34)curro88 Wrote: [ -> ]

What do you think?

I've always been intrigued to know what makes a skin 'PleXBMC Compatible' I've never used 'amber' as I don't like the interface... I know there is an option to 'GO PLEX' but what does it actually assist with?

it's not a leading question.... I am just intrigued as I have been using Kodi & PleXBMC with many different skins over the past year and never used one that is 'PleXBMC compatible' how does compatible benefit?

thanks

I think the compatibility it's for the widgets that the add-on uses to look like Plex Home Theater. For me... I love the On Deck view in the main view... and it's very similar to what I've saw in the picture that jurialmunkey has uploaded.

For me... Eminence it's the best skin for Kodi but the problem is that if you want to looks like Plex, you have to modified the skin and make customized tiles and hubs to achieve something like this...

@jurialmunkey - just an idea (see image) had in mind users not looking to implement icons with their home menu...

could potentially add more screen space for fanart etc... should the panel be lowered to compensate (not sure its possible to implement both views)

like I said just an idea, not a request.

EDIT: just to be clear - image is a photoshop bodge (I couldn't skin this to save my life !)

I just want to point out that I think you need to be sure the Eminence skin does not get to big and complicated. I choose Eminence rather then other high customizable skins because it does not requires allot of resources. At this point I can still run this Alpha smooth on my android box, but would like to keep that.
(2015-09-16, 18:57)Reflex Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-09-15, 16:27)mfwilli Wrote: [ -> ]For various reasons I am still on Helix, so unable to give this a test drive.

May I ask, for Wall View, will the "Show info" option still be available (i.e. showing the fanart for selected movie), and if so, how many posters will be visible per screen?

Option is not there anymore indeed. I would love to see it back as it was my preferred view.

Happy to see this is back (as it's own view) in newest git. Thanks!
I am missing 2 things. The ability to change the Hub background (I can only add an image for the global background). And the ability to add a single image as Hub widget.
(2015-09-22, 14:24)stueeey Wrote: [ -> ]@jurialmunkey - just an idea (see image) had in mind users not looking to implement icons with their home menu...

could potentially add more screen space for fanart etc... should the panel be lowered to compensate (not sure its possible to implement both views)

like I said just an idea, not a request.

@jurialmunkey

It would be really nice, if you had the choice between standard home (big tiles, icons, ...) and a compact, simple home
(small tiles, icons, maybe without symbols, ...) for example as in skin arctic. Blush

That was actually the reason, why I tried to mode the home of Eminence, because there is no way in settings of Eminence to choose an alternative, compact (simple) home. My mod is almost done and I hope, I can give it (all files, graphics, backgrounds, ...) within a week to download here.Smile

Until now Eminence 2.0 looks promising and I'm already looking forward to the final version.
Thank you jurialmunkey for all your skins and your excellent support.

Regards
orionics

sorry for my english
Just tried the new build. I see you've made it possible to check 'show posters' while not checking 'show info' so that both posters and info show up when the menu is pulled down. That's great Smile Gives me the option of seeing the info and posters without having two bands and cluttering up the screen. Super Smile Thanks!
@jurialmunkey - had a good play with the poster widgets you created this evening - love it... a few thoughts, denoted as screenshots below.

please dismiss if irrelevant, (I get bored easily, only good intentions - lol)...

ps. love the animation of the widget as it comes in across the screen from left & right... very swish !

current...

increased focused poster border...

current stationary focus position denotes 5 posters...

moved focus on to denote more of the previous poster (denoting 6 at one time).. love the idea of the previous just peeking out, but I think it could do with seeing just a little more of it peeking out.

could the top left hand graphic button 'text and icon' (that currently states home) be used to denote the Kodi user profile currently logged in? (stueeey)

I noticed that if your using 'Headers' it states 'Home' their anyway, so its duplicate information (at least on the home page) and I'm guessing most users shall know they are on the home screen (just my opinion)

for this example I simply swapped the home icon for my profile image, by using the same file reference 'home' (cheating... won't help if I log in as another user)

as per previous posts, dismiss if not possible or not the direction your heading.

ps. starting to love the icons & colours tabs.