Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Eminence 2.0 [Matrix on Official Repo]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
nice skin, but playing file in fullscreen does not work. I checked the box but it does not play files in fullscreen.
(2019-05-24, 01:38)thedeathstar Wrote: [ -> ]This theme is awesome. I decided to alter some of the layouts in a way to create my own that allows for a longer description box and get rid of the fan art that loads really slowly with my crappy internet.

I'm happy to share the files for the layout if anyone wants them, but it was kind of a pain. It would be cool to have something like this added to the actual theme.

man thats exactly what i was looking for, could you share what you changed to achieve that layout? i might even try making one small change and thats replace the runtime with the year as longer video names look like it wont have enough room to show that.
but even if i cant ill still love to use yours.
I've just selected Eminence as my preferred skin on my Vero 4K+. Thanks for the great work! I'm new to Kodi (coming from a Dune player) and on the Dune I could add my own movie collections to the main menu, what is now the button row at the bottom with Eminence. To do this I assigned tags like "4K" and "Christmas" to several movies in Kodi. I also found the section in the skin settings where I can add a new button to the main menu. However I'm stuck at assigning the desired tag so it will get me to the tagged collection.... I tried the available subitems/hubs but it never got me to where I could select tags. I understand I probably need to use the "custom" item but how would I specify the "Christmas" tag there? Thanks!
Never mind, found it!
Ok me again with something I couldn't solve myself... I want to modify the "Power" button in the main menu. What I want to achive is to put the box to sleep directly when I klick that button. So I changed the action for that button to "Suspend" in the skin settings and put the other shutdown options into the submenu. However that resulted in the power button disappearing from the skin alltogether?! Seems unless I set the power button action to the original "ActivateWindows(Shutdownmenu)" it is removed from the main menu? Any way around this?
Anyone? @jurialmunkey are you still maintaining this skin?
(2019-12-17, 08:33)Ambiled Wrote: [ -> ]Ok me again with something I couldn't solve myself... I want to modify the "Power" button in the main menu. What I want to achive is to put the box to sleep directly when I klick that button. So I changed the action for that button to "Suspend" in the skin settings and put the other shutdown options into the submenu. However that resulted in the power button disappearing from the skin alltogether?! Seems unless I set the power button action to the original "ActivateWindows(Shutdownmenu)" it is removed from the main menu? Any way around this?
Skin shortcuts hides power shortcuts if they arent reported by the system as being available in kodi.

https://github.com/BigNoid/script.skinsh...ditions.md
Thank you!
@jurialmunkey: Thanks again, I've now managed to set up the skin almost completely, also thanks to the lot of help you gave in this thread (filter for unseen videos - great). I have two remaining issues however:

1. Caption for "recently added" in showcase widget is not localized (I use the German localization). I cannot find where to add the translation in the german strings.po file. For now I have hacked it by hard coding line 53 in 16x9/Custom_Store_1131.xml
Code:
<param name="widget2_title" value="Kürzlich hinzugefügt" />
2. Possibly another localization issue: Also in the showcase widget, the movie genre icons show the default "folder" icon for some genres such as "romance" (Liebesfilm in German), "comedy" (Komödie in German) and so on. The genre icons where the localized and original name is the same (like Horror, Action) are OK. The movie genre icon addon ist installed and activated in the skin settings. I however haven't found physical genre icon files inside the skins folder structure that I could possibly just save with another file name... is there any way to solve this?

Thanks!
Hi guys,
I just opened a new issue on the github of the skin. It is now incompatible with the Artist Slideshow extension since its last update. It won't display the pictures while playing music claiming that the skin needs to be updated to be compatible with the new slideshow display method.
Apologies if this has been covered already, a couple of searched didn't turn op anything useful.

How do i completely disable any and all showcasing?

I've gotten rid of it in most places but it still occasionally peeks up partly on the home menu, and is on full display on the TV Shows menu no matter what I do.  Confused

Can I replace the default widget with something that retain all functionality except showcasing, or is there another way to get rid of it for good?
@jurialmunkey - I was just playing around with this skin and found it very clean and fast but I noticed the following.

1 - When I select None as my default widget for example under Videos, it still displays widgets.

2 - If I select "Episodes Airing Today" as a widget and only one episode is airing, then the skin displays that 1 episode poster multiple times until the screen is filled.

Regards,

Shedrock
@jurialmunkey any chance to update Eminence to show the correct media info icons for 4K movies? Right now it shows a generic "SD 480p" icon.
Hello!
I just changed to this theme and i love it!
I just have one question, in the ”Home widget” ive selected ”Movies - newest added” since i wan’t to see them first, but when i whatch a movie it’s still there in the widget, is there some way to only display the new movies but sort out the ones ive already seen?

Thanks!
@jurialmunkey - Any idea regarding this https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2911647?

Thanks,

Shedrock