Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Eminence 2.0 [Matrix on Official Repo]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey, I just created an account to post on here about this because it's super important to me and literally the only reason I'm not upgrading to the new Kodi and probably won't until nothing in 18.9 works anymore.

I understand the old developer doesn't want to continue development, but does anyone know if the source code/resources for the Eminence skin are available for someone else to pick up the slack and create an updated Eminence for Kodi 19 Matrix?

I mirror everyone's feelings about Eminence being the only skin that seems like it was made by someone even remotely familiar with modern UX/UI design within the last 10 years. Just about every other Kodi skin feels like it was made by programmers stuck in the mid-late 2000s without an ounce of modern UI design experience.

I like Eminence so much I'd be willing to support development by donating or joining a patreon or a kickstarter for anyone willing to take it on, does anyone else share that semantic? Maybe we can motivate someone to pick up the slack that way.

In the meantime though, can anyone else share any other skins that are somewhat close to Eminence to work on Kodi 19 Matrix in the meantime?
I would certainly be on board with that. That skin is essential for me and the easiest to use for my kids.
Me too, its the best skin for me.
i love this skin, but i have a question, when i enter a list, it shows up 100 items, so make kodi becomes slow, so how can i manual limit it?? maybe 10 items. thanks you. p.s sorry for my bad english
Hi guys,
Only my kodi program add-ons shows up when i follow Add-ons > My Add-ons> Program Add-ons. There is no "Android apps" folder in it.
TIA
(2021-03-16, 23:39)trebory6 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, I just created an account to post on here about this because it's super important to me and literally the only reason I'm not upgrading to the new Kodi and probably won't until nothing in 18.9 works anymore.

I understand the old developer doesn't want to continue development, but does anyone know if the source code/resources for the Eminence skin are available for someone else to pick up the slack and create an updated Eminence for Kodi 19 Matrix?

I mirror everyone's feelings about Eminence being the only skin that seems like it was made by someone even remotely familiar with modern UX/UI design within the last 10 years. Just about every other Kodi skin feels like it was made by programmers stuck in the mid-late 2000s without an ounce of modern UI design experience.

I like Eminence so much I'd be willing to support development by donating or joining a patreon or a kickstarter for anyone willing to take it on, does anyone else share that semantic? Maybe we can motivate someone to pick up the slack that way.

In the meantime though, can anyone else share any other skins that are somewhat close to Eminence to work on Kodi 19 Matrix in the meantime?

I'm also willing to chip in for a Kickstarter or whatever to fund a developer to make this skin compatible with Matrix.
Is this skin definitely dead on the new Kodi? i literally uninstalled and returned to Leia and of course all my addons and everything else are effed up...i get why things have to move forward but i'll ditch
Kodi if this skin is over...the others are hideous (just my personal opinion, of course)
(2021-06-02, 09:32)grooveq Wrote: [ -> ]Is this skin definitely dead on the new Kodi? i literally uninstalled and returned to Leia and of course all my addons and everything else are effed up...i get why things have to move forward but i'll ditch
Kodi if this skin is over...the others are hideous (just my personal opinion, of course)
Yes. Dead unless you can code for 19.
(2021-06-02, 09:32)grooveq Wrote: [ -> ]Is this skin definitely dead on the new Kodi? i literally uninstalled and returned to Leia and of course all my addons and everything else are effed up...i get why things have to move forward but i'll ditch

Closest replacement I've found: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=337862
(2021-06-03, 03:52)richardsim7 Wrote: [ -> ]

Closest replacement I've found: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=337862

Yep, he’s done a great job on this skin. Reloaded is a great recommend if you want to goto 19.
Coming soon eminence reborn build for 19. Wink
(2021-06-07, 10:44)derrgoo123 Wrote: [ -> ]Coming soon eminence build for 19. Wink
Awesome!!!
(2021-06-07, 10:44)derrgoo123 Wrote: [ -> ]Coming soon eminence reborn build for 19. Wink

well that's great news!
well total failure for me, followed the instructions and could not even get past step 1, ie the tvdb addon, matrix refused to install it

kodi is now hot garbage imho, i dont give a rats arse how old python is, if the UI is hideous its un-usable..

looking for better alternatives now
Eminence Reborn Skin updated for kodi 19 found *URL REMOVED BY MODERATOR*