Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Noob to Kodi. Few Basic Questions.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey, guys.
I have a few quick questions that are probably pretty easy to answer.
But, being new to Kodi I'm still learning everything this program can do.

1. If I buy an External Blu-Ray Drive for my PC, will Kodi recognize a Blu-Ray disc?
When putting a DVD in my internal drive it automatically recognizes the Disc and displays the "Disc" option on the Menu.
Will this work the same way with a External Blu-Ray Drive?

2. If I have a TV Tuner Card for my PC. Will I be able to Stream Live TV through Kodi using my already existing Charter Cable?
I've seen programs like "PseudoTVlive" Is that the best way to do it?
How in depth is the setup?

3. If I get a this 2.4Ghz Remote: (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00K768...ge_o01_s00)
What program do I use to remap the buttons individually?

Thanks in advance!
1. Yes, as long as windows detects it as a drive and functions fine, you'll be good.

2. Yes, you can choose from many different setups. (Haven't played with live tv myself.)

3. Check out eventghost, THE software to have for MCE remotes. Seen a lot of people with issues using gyro mice, but no idea personally.
(2015-09-05, 05:40)Foxmoor Wrote: [ -> ]2. If I have a TV Tuner Card for my PC. Will I be able to Stream Live TV through Kodi using my already existing Charter Cable?
I've seen programs like "PseudoTVlive" Is that the best way to do it?
How in depth is the setup?

Thanks in advance!

If you have Windows 7/8/8.1 check out ServerWMC (you'll use the WMC PVR add-on included with Kodi). The tuner setup and guide info is done entirely in Windows Media Center. Once you have everything setup, install ServerWMC and go through it's very simple setup. Finally install WMC PVR plugin and point it towards the IP address of the computer you installed ServerWMC on and it should connect and allow for live TV, recording (on the Media Center PC), complete with guide data. You can use additional programs like MyChannel Logos to easily download and install the logos in Media Center, ServerWMC will import them and use them in Kodi. There is a very in depth wiki for Server WMC and it's setup HERE.

Hope this helps.

Edit: Check out the HD HomeRun Prime if you are shopping for a cable card tuner.
Thanks for the information, guys!
I really appreciate your time!