Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: MXQ Box ... Kodi upgrade advise needed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, I'm a newbie, but I am so loving this ...Big Grin I bought a MXQ box on amazon and started using it lastnight,
it came with Kodi 14.2 but I know the official release for 15.1 is out.. How do I upgrade? and how to get this doen without losing my current config.
actually 15.2 is out now and you can download from google playstore and install it. download the ARM version
(2015-09-07, 14:21)africanbrit Wrote: [ -> ]actually 15.2 is out now and you can download from google playstore and install it. download the ARM version

That's actually v15.1.1 with an accidental 15.2 splash screen. The "final" version of v15.2 will be on Google Play sometime this month. If you don't want to wait then you can download this APK from a browser on your box: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=236822

Updates will keep your settings, but we always tell people that it is a good idea to backup (wiki) just in case.
I am having a problem with the download for the kodi update on my mxq tv box.. Every time I try the download, the machine tells me that a download is in process. I am using the Dolphin browser, and I cannot see a download indicator anywhere. I left the "download" running overnight, and when I returned to it in the morning, I could not find it in the Downloads app. This is frustrating beyond words. Any advice please?
do you have the option to download from google playstore ?
Usually you cannot update over the pre installed "loaded with piracy addons" version of kodi. It is needed to uninstall the 14.2, then install the new official version. Should work that way. The latest release candidate version of 15.2 works ok but 15.1 has issues with s805 boxes ie MXQ. The"loaded" 14.2 version works like charm and I would wait for the official 15.2 before any upgrading. Bad thing is the piracy addons on the pre installed 14.2.
Thank you africanbrit and B12r for your responses. I did uninstall kodi and downloaded the Isengard version, which was easy to install and update using superrepo and reloading various addons. I now have a superduper tv box. the only problem I have is that I cannot view a paid subscription sport channel, which requires flash player. I downloaded flashplayer for android app, but for some reason, I still can't view live stream from the sports channel I subscribe to.
Flash on android is unsupported and the last update was about 2 or 3 years ago.

Flash hardly works on android anymore and maybe better to use a windows machine if you need flash player.
Thanks rollingrock. I can view the sports channel on my pc.... it would have been nice to see it on the mxq box, so that I had a full tv experience from that.so that I can work on my pc and view the sport at the same time. The good thing is that there are a number of streams and tv stations that broadcast international sports events, and those I can view on kodi.