Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi 15 Issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not sure where to post this. Hopefully it's in the proper area.

Dear Forum Members,

I am having some issues with Kodi 15. Currently I have 14.2 and it works great but I want to update to the newest one.

I went into the google play store and I update to the newest and everything loads up perfectly. My problem here is when I try to watch anything all I hear is sound. No black screen. No error pops up either. I disabled the hardware acceleration as others have said but to no avail.

I have an MX android box. I received it as a gift so I don't know much about it. I will give you whatever information you need. I'm kind of a noob at this so go easy on me lol.

Any help is appreciated. Just ask me questions and I will answer.

Thank You,

Cal
debug log (wiki)
I posted up my log. What's next Nickr?

Thanks
(2015-09-07, 00:27)Cali_Oil Wrote: [ -> ]I posted up my log. What's next Nickr?

Thanks

MX box doesn't mean anything specific actually, Amlogic MX is platform, There are 100s of boxes based on MX chip and pretty big amount of clone boxes of original manufacturers.

Your box (firmware) does not have set proper permissions for Kodi/XBMC (err: AMLEGL: no rw on /sys/class/display/mode and AML: no proper permission, please contact the device vendor. Skipping codec).

I would go to freaktab for example and look for newer (mooded) firmware for your box. Or google for stock firmware with newer date.
I had a feeling it was a firmware issue. I'll look into upgrading it. I'm just worried I might brick the box if I use the wrong firmware.

Would you happen to know why 14.2 helix works but not 15.1?
Would you happen to know what firmware I would need to download? I know their are all different kinds of firmwares but which are specific to my type of box. I don't even know what type of box I have lol.

Thank you
Hey guys,

I messed with a box a bit. I turned off stagefright acceleration and no I get picture and sound. But, the picture is only in the top left corner of the screen.

Give me a sec, I'll post a new debug log.

Thanks
So I read some things online and my issues are because I have an amlogic box. I set my GUI to 720p and enabled the video accelerators and now it's working fine with no issues. But I read that the best thing for me to do is update my firmware.

I know this is a kodi thread but these are the specs on my box if anyone knows of a firmware that's compatible with my box.

Manufacturer: MBX
Model: reference board (g18ref)
Android: 4.2.2; 20140605; SDK17
Display: 1280 x 720; DPI: 160; Evaluated Size: 9.2"
Touch Screen: NOT multitouch 1 point
GPU: Mali-400 MP; ARM; OpenGL ES-CM 1.1; OpenGL ES 2.0
RAM: 788 MB
Flash: 6.735 GB Build-in; 8.196 GB
Processor: 2 cores; Amlogic Meson6 g02 customer platform meson6; Max: 1512.0 MHz; Min: 48.0 MHz

Thanks everyone
Thanks Ned. It didn't work out for me.

On 15.1- I had no picture but I had sound. I disabled stage fright and then I had a small picture in the top left with sound. Then I enabled stage fright and changed my GUI video setting from 1080p to 720p and that fixed all my problems.

15.2- I had no picture but I have sound. Disabled stage fright and still no sound. Changed GUI from 1080 to 720 and still no picture.