Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodibuntu 15.1 Suspend/ wake problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi guys,

Today I decided to upgrade from 14.2 to 15.1.
I have been running kodi on this HW for two years no problems.
I had ubuntu minimal 12.04 and kodi on top of it, but since 12.04 i no longer supported I decided
to switch to kodibuntu.

On 12.04 I could easily suspend kodi with remote and wake it with remote or keyboard.
Kodibuntu is 14.04.3 and suspend is not working as it should.

1. led on my mbo should blink - it is permanently on
2. I can not wake pc, not on remote or on keyboard or power button. Hard reset is needed

here is my kodi debug log.

I really do not know much abut linux so any help is appreciated.

Thank you.
Test suspend without kodi first to see if that is working.
Thanks for blazing fast replay

I did "sudo apt-get remove kodi",
rebooted, loged into desktop.

Suspend is working now.
Tried removing my advancedsettings.xml jus in case, not it.

So no kodi suspend is ok, with kodi suspend is broken.
Keep kodi started. ssh into the computer and do: sudo pm-suspend - what happens?
Same as from within Kodi.

I had to do a hard reset to "wake".
Good - then it seems your gpu / drivers have an issue reviving everything as it should.

Try to provide kodi.log.old (turn on debugging prior to suspending) and your dmesg output
Blush just saw how big log is, sorry for that.

Here's a smaller one
Is there anything else I can /should do?

Thanks
Hi Burke! I just did the same upgrade as you and noticed same issue with suspend and wake up. Have you been able to resolve it in you computer?
Well yes and no...

fritsch said that it is probably my GPU driver - tried to update it but I did not succeed, as I said I am not much of a linux guy.

One thing I noticed, wake is not the problem but rather suspend part. When I tried to suspend my PC power led was not
blinking (it is blinking when suspend is ok) and my PSU was still on (fan never stops).

Then i tried
Code:
pkill kodi

after that suspend/ wake was ok...

I did manage a work around Created a custom resume script, not nice or clean solution, but so far it is working ok.

created:

Code:
/etc/pm/sleep.d/90_kodi

script:
Code:
#!/bin/sh

case "${1}" in
        suspend|hibernate)

#/etc/init.d/lightdm stop
               service lightdm stop
                ;;
        resume|thaw)

service lightdm start
              #/etc/init.d/lightdm start
                ;;
esac

So every time machine goes to sleep lightdm is stoped - effectively so is kodi. This allows my system to go to sleep.
Thanks for sharing the information Burke. I just updated my intelNUC yesterday evening and I didn´t have time to investigate my situation more thorough.

The suspend / wakeup worked few time, but the I had the same freeze issue and hardboot was needed basically everytime I activated the suspend.

I´ll do some investigation later today after work, but I have also little challenges with Linux/Kubuntu. Looking at your script handling, I´m just a noob compared to you.
connect via ssh or... or open terminal locally
In terminal type:
Code:
sudo nano /etc/pm/sleep.d/90_kodi

You will need to enter your pass.

If thsi is first time you are starting editor you will be presented with choice of few of them > select "nano"
Editor window will open. Paste code from above, then press "ctrl+o", to save file, confirm with "enter".
Then press "ctrl+x" to close window.

Make your script executable by typing:
Code:
sudo chmod a+x /etc/pm/sleep.d/90_kodi

After that reboot, and that should be it
Thanks Burke! Those helped and suspend / wakeup is working again. I tried different kind of tricks, but I couldn´t make it work without the above script.
Pages: 1 2