Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: A couple feature requests
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been a boxee user for many years, mostly because of the UI. I have tried xbmc/kodi several times but i have hated the UI so much nad having a nice looking media center is important to me Smile Then i found mimic which is super fluid and great looking. Big wall is definitely the sweetest view!

One thing i would really like is to have a option that instead of playing the movie or show directly when you click on the thumbnail instead it goes to the movie information page before you decide to play it. this should be easy to add since you can go to that page by right clicking?

It would also be great to have the possibility to remove some of the menu items in the main menu, i only want to see the movies, tv show and system tabs for instance. this to have bit cleaner simplistic look, but maybe this is a kodi setting?

I see the skin also have an option for starting the app at a certain page. Would love to be able to start directly in movies instead of videos tab so that the big nice wall pops up when kodi starts!

Would love for these features to be possible!

Thanks!
All of this should be possible already.

To show information rather than play, goto Settings > Video > File Lists > Default select action and choose Show information.

To customize your main menu, goto Settings > Skin Settings > Home window > Setup the main menu. You can turn on/off and customize the main menu items to your liking.

There is a Kodi setting in Settings > Appearance > Skin > Startup window that will let you choose the startup page. I've never used anything but Home window but you should be able to choose your starting point there.

Good luck, thanks for trying out Mimic!
wow. thanks for such a quick reply!

now this skin is more or less perfect!

One more question though. is it possible to have a folder of pictures to be shown as background in the home screen instead of fanart?

I know you can select the fallback image but i have a folder of custom pictures i would love to have as clear background. when i select the section backgrounds they work but only within that page?

Edit:

Lol i suck at this Tongue But found the option lol. Thanks for the help! I now have a boss media center!
Okay.. sorry about this, but i have one last question Smile

now that i have a kick ass background in the main menu i would love to have the background completely transparent on the menu itself so that only the text is visible.

i am guessing this is a value in the .xml file that can be changed?
Yeah, you'll have to edit Includes_Home.xml and comment out the respective image controls. There's a separate include for each main menu layout, so you'll have to find the one you're using. It will likely take some trial and error to get what you want. Note that you'll have to reapply your changes after each skin update.
Superb! Thanks a lot!
Loving the clean look after removing the texture lines in the xml file. thanks for the guidance! Maybe make it an option one day in the theme settings?

Also, does mimic or kodi resize the coverart the scraper finds? the fanart in the background looks crisp and good but the movie covers on the full page info view seems a bit blurry compared to the ones on tmdb?

Main menu with clear text. Smile
Found out Kodi scales the posters to 720 pixels in height so i made a advancedsettings.xml in the userdata folder and set it to 1080. Now its crisp as hell!

<advancedsettings>
<imageres>1080</imageres>
</advancedsettings>
___
___
(2015-10-16, 02:39)dave157 Wrote: [ -> ]A couple of questions. Can one of you point me to the line to remove the highlight color on the menu selection...

Also, @braz are you using the default font on your screenshots? It seems larger, the way I like it. Big Grin I`m using the Thai but it`s a little on the small side. I tried the default but it didn`t seem the same as yours.
The highlighted menu texture for each of the 3 menu layouts is in Includes_Home.xml.

If you want the selected menu item to have a larger font size, select 3 items for the main menu in skin settings. All of my screenshots use Mimic's default font, Webly Sleek UI. I would only recommend the Thai font if you have the Kodi language set to Thai. It is too small IMO for other languages.
___
(2015-09-14, 20:52)krth8 Wrote: [ -> ]Loving the clean look after removing the texture lines in the xml file. thanks for the guidance! Maybe make it an option one day in the theme settings?

Also, does mimic or kodi resize the coverart the scraper finds? the fanart in the background looks crisp and good but the movie covers on the full page info view seems a bit blurry compared to the ones on tmdb?

Main menu with clear text. Smile

I would like to modify my set up like yours as well, can you share how you got the transparent menu & or share the xml & location to put it in? Thanks in advance mate
Sure thing.

I uploaded my advancedsettings.xml as well. that makes sure your scraper is being forced to download 1080p high movie posters.

Paste advancedsettings.xml in \AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata

Paste includes_home in \AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.mimic\1080i

Make sure to save a copy of it someplace as well as it reverts to original when theme is updated.

Link to files: https://fil.email/qqYXv