Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi not stable
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am setting up a HTPC and im struggling a lot to setup Kodi as my primary software. Kodi doesn't seem to be stable and not a trouble free experience - everytime i resume\boot the PC into kodi there is some or other issues with it.

Some of the key issues which is major problem for a stable setup

- Kodi is fullscreen but zoomed in
- Kodi is just on 1/4th screen and zoomed-in
- no sound on resume. have to reboot
- kodi freezes on exit

With this experience i feel the dedicated boxes like wdtv etc are trouble free experience

Any help in making my htpc work most of the time with kodi?

Note - im on latest stable release of kodi.
Knowing your hardware would be a good start to understanding what is going on. The phrase "everytime i resume\boot the PC into kodi" has me wondering what type of setup this is since this is the windows section and I can't imagine a scenario where a system reboot is needed.
I have core i3 pc.

I hibernate the machine after watching - when i resume the machine, it do not always resumes back to normal state.
Hello,

you don't give a lot of information, which makes it harder for people to help you.

Reading your reply i don't think Kodi is to blame.
It seems to me that you don't have your powerplan in order for this particular use (remember to check BIOS as well).