Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Issues with remote
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I'm new to Kodi and just installed it as I'm moving away from the Media Portal interface (although still using the MP tv service).
From my readings I assumed that my Harmony 650 emulating the Microsoft Media Center PC SE control would mostly work.
However, besides the volume control and the up and down channel selector no other button seems to do anything.

The "info" , "guide", "back" and "exit" ect buttons all do nothing inside Kodi application. I down loaded the Showkey app and it confirms that there are no recognizable commands other than volume and up and down. As I have media portal still installed and these same buttons still work there I can only assume that the commands that Kodi expects are not the same.

I also tried to follow this article http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=220677
I created a Kodi Activity that included the tv and the MCE Keyboard and
Windows Media Center SE devices.

There were some gaps in the instructions as well as in the button remapping. In any case, again the buttons didn't work.

Am I missing something ? I feel it seems straight forward but I did not succeed.
Can any one point me at some additional reading or provide me with some assistance in mapping my buttons.

regards

Erick
Ok figured this one out.
For some reason the Harmony jumps out of the Activity I've set up for Kodi called "Kodi". If i repress my Kodi Activity the functionality returns.
I've gone and made all of my Harmony 650 activities a Kodi Activity (microsoft Keyboard MCE emulation) accept for the one I use to change to my xbox.