Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Hubs: Custom Path to an SMB link
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I've been using Eminence for quite a while now. I have a family of 4 and a massive media collection... My wife and I like to keep the kids' movies and tv shows separate from ours. The solution in the past has been to simply have 4 different sources: Movies, TV Shows, Girls Movies, Girls TV Shows. And then on the home screen I customize the paths for the hubs to simply take me to those directories with an absolute path.

Code:
ActivateWindow(videos,D:\Movies,return),

Now I'm using a raspberry pi as my MediaPC and sharing the same media from my now MediaServer (windows still). I've setup MySQL so I could share the watched and resume states. Now my sources are of course //192.168.1.10/Storage/Movies

When I use the same method for the path, it just takes me to the videos main window (I can select library, files, addons, etc). We obviously always go straight into Files because the Library smashes everything into 2 categories.

So, how would I direct it to Videos -> Files -> Movies, Videos -> Files -> TV Shows, Videos -> Files -> Girls Shows, etc?
(2015-09-07, 15:57)JacobJ Wrote: [ -> ]So I've been using Eminence for quite a while now. I have a family of 4 and a massive media collection... My wife and I like to keep the kids' movies and tv shows separate from ours. The solution in the past has been to simply have 4 different sources: Movies, TV Shows, Girls Movies, Girls TV Shows. And then on the home screen I customize the paths for the hubs to simply take me to those directories with an absolute path.

Code:
ActivateWindow(videos,D:\Movies,return),

Now I'm using a raspberry pi as my MediaPC and sharing the same media from my now MediaServer (windows still). I've setup MySQL so I could share the watched and resume states. Now my sources are of course //192.168.1.10/Storage/Movies

When I use the same method for the path, it just takes me to the videos main window (I can select library, files, addons, etc). We obviously always go straight into Files because the Library smashes everything into 2 categories.

So, how would I direct it to Videos -> Files -> Movies, Videos -> Files -> TV Shows, Videos -> Files -> Girls Shows, etc?

Create the location as a favorite and point your homescreen button to that favorite.

Works for me.