Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Newly Installed Kodi on Windows 10 Machine Won't Play MKV Video
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2015-09-08, 03:51)Redwingsfansfc Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, and I have been playing with mine while talking with you, your a8 should be able to play either way. I would readdress your graphics issues. Did you download the most current chipset from the site as well?

Well, that's the thing...I am always hesitant if I am getting the right download. For instance, for my chip...should I be downloading the "AMD 8-Series Chipset"?
When you click on support, and your OS, you will see Catalyst 15.7.1 & Graphics Driver Installer for Windows 10 64-Bit, for example. Then look down in the box where it says features.. Look at the tabs from there and click optional download.

You should see
AMD Chipset Drivers 50 MB 15.7.1 7/29/2015 *DOWNLOAD

That's your winner.
(2015-09-08, 04:11)Redwingsfansfc Wrote: [ -> ]AMD Chipset Drivers 50 MB 15.7.1 7/29/2015 *DOWNLOAD

That's your winner.

Yup, that is the one I was downloading when you typed that. I installed it and while I am sure it gave me some functionality I didn't even know I was missing, if I turn back on the hardware accelerator, the same issue happens with MKV files. No video, just audio and then if I try to exit out,,,Kodi crashes.

Oh well. I am just happy that I was able to play the movies in the native player because it's much better than using the external player (VLC player). I guess for now the hardware accelerator is the cause of the issue...for whatever reason.
I had the same issue with my REVO and I took it back to Windows 7. You can use rollback to previous Windows option in Windows 10 if you only use it for Kodi?
So convert mkvs too avi or mp4 then bro
Pages: 1 2