Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Sound clipping in Dolby TrueHD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I've had a look through the forums and my issue has been mentioned a couple of times but any resolutions offered haven't worked. This is an intermittent issue which makes it even more annoying but maybe there is someone out there that has a similar setup to me and has experienced (and hopefully solved) the issue.

Software:

Windows 10 (64bit)
ATI Drivers 15.7.1
Kodi 15.1 (Aug 15)
No additional codecs etc installed

Hardware

AMD Athlon X4
ATI 6450HD
Onkyo SR-606 (HDMI)
Acer V226HQL (DVI)

Issue:

When playing movies with Dolby TrueHD sound tracks the sound will clip/drop out for about 1/2 a second which is enough to cause a "click" on the Onkyo but not enough for the display on the receiver to acknowledge the loss of signal. As mentioned this is an intermittent issue but it is starting to drive me batty now. All other formats play faultlessly.

I've tried to take a debug log of the error but would you believe it that when the debugger is running the soundtrack plays perfectly!

I've also got Media Player Classic installed on the PC and this plays the soundtrack perfectly as well so I am confident it is a Kodi artefact.

I am sure the issue first arose when the ATI drivers were updated via Windows Update when the PC was still Windows 8 (Update 1). I had hoped that upgrading to 10 might have resolved the issue but alas.

Last resort is to blow the PC away completely and start again but before I do that I thought I'd take a punt on the forum to see if anyone can help/provide the next avenue to explore.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Rob
Ironically, this is the exact same post I made before yours.

238201 (thread)

Try turning off sync playback to display, that should be a temporary fix.
Brilliant, we must have been writing our threads at the same time... lol

Thanks for the tip regarding sync playback, that appears to have fixed it. I've only done a brief test but it looks good.

Thanks
Rob