Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How can I tell whether I get video acceleration on my tablet? Doesn't have an "O" key
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As the titles says.

I am looking for some option under settings/system info that shows if I have video acceleration for certain formats, like H.264. (I find it weird that Kodi has a system info screen with all kinds of esoteric info, but not this one).

Or some info screen I can pop up while playing video which will show if video acceleration is enabled for the particular video playing. I know you can press the "O" key from the keyboard, but my tablet doesn't have a keyboard. Is there another method?

Thank you

PS: My particular device is a Lenovo A3500 with a Mali-400MP2 (same gpu as WeTek Play and Pivos XIOS XS). But instead of Android 4.2, I have 4.4.2, so I want to be sure I have video acceleration.
Under where it says Video: and then "dc" it can tell you this.

Software video decoding will start with "ff-" so you might see "ff-h264" or "ff-mpeg2".

Hardware video decoding will be one of the following on Android:
  • Amlogic- starts with "am-"
  • MediaCodec- starts with "amc-" (I'm not sure why those two are so close to each other..)
  • Stage Fright - starts with "sf-"
Ned, he's asking how to activate the overlay on a touch device Wink

You might be able to map a gesture, or use a skin that include it in its menu, but I haven't done either recently.
Oops, I thought I posted a touchscreen.xml in another post.
What about installing Yatse on a phone, putting both devices on the same wifi network and using the "three interrupted bars key", looks like three stacked dots with horizontal bars to the left of the i key on the interface, on the Yatse remote trigger it?
Save the following as a plain text file called newtouchscreen.xml in your userdata (wiki) folder, inside of the "keymaps" folder:

Code:
<keymap>
  <FullScreenVideo>
    <touch>
      <longpress>codecinfo</longpress>
    </touch>
  </FullScreenVideo>
</keymap>

That will bring up the codec info window with a long single finger press during video playback.