Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: advancedsettings.xml IF THEN ESLE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When using advancedsettings.xml can you us IF THEN ELSE commands IE

<advancedsettings>
<video>
<defaultplayer>[TV]Bedroom</defaultplayer>
<if>
<defaultplayer>dvdplayer</defaultplayer>
</if>
<then>
<defaultplayer>[TV]living room</defaultplayer>
</then>
</video>
</advancedsettings>
No
Are you trying to make it default to your TV UPnP target when it is available?
Yes, I want one TV (living room) as my primary default player and the other TV (bedroom) as my secondary Default player. So if TV 1 isn't available it will automatic swap to TV 2. I'm using the remote app so this would save me having to edit the xml file every time I want to swap players. I'm running kodi 15.1 on sumvision cyclone running windows 8.1 as a server. Is this possible ? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Why not create a profile for each room, and using the thread below (you've been there), add the default player to advancedsettings.xml for each one?

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=192719
Thats a good idea nitroburner77, thanks. It does rise another issue tho with changing profiles using the ios remote app. Do you now of a work around so I could change profiles using the remote app ?
Depending on your skin you could stick a button on your homescreen that loads a particular profile using 'LoadProfile(profilename)'.