Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Universal Movie Scraper BDMV folders problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I try to add a new source which is a BDMV folder the scraper correctly adds the movie and then adds additional movies titled "Playlist" "Stream" "6000.mpls" and others. I tried various settings including "Source contains a single video" but each variation resulted in different movies added.

What is the correct settings (or scraper?) to be used for adding BDMV folders?
Try unchecking "recursive scanning". Had the same and worked for me.
Might need a clean database with the bdmv folders moved temporarily
I tried that, had all the settings turned off, but still added strange movies.

By any chance do you have any sort of advanced settings in the xml file? I read on the forum that some others had to create these filters. It may be that on your system you have something else enabled that works.

I am running Kodi 15 - 2 (latest release).
version is actually 15.1 (not 15.2)
The best solution I have found is to not use BDMV folders. When backing up a Bluray movie use either MKV or ISO and create a single file. Kodi movie scrapers work very well with a single file, but not with a complex folder structure like BDMV. Fortunately I had only tried a single disc, so will erase the BDMV folder and simply redo it.
I use tmdb to scrape.
Folder structure is no problem.
It's actually better than putting into a container like an iso because detailed skins like MadNox cannot read all the file tags when it's in a container and imo, stripping down a perfectly good Blu-ray to an mkv or the likes is tossing away all the extras that make a Blu-ray complete.
Not sure why you're scraping other contents of a Blu-ray instead of just the main movie but I can assure you other systems like mine do not.
Been fine since Frodo and I'm using latest Jarvis nightly now with W10 Pro.
Try adding this to an advancedsettings.xml and enjoy your rip as it was intended.

<video>
<!-- VideoExtras: Section Start -->

<excludefromscan action="append">

<regexp>-extras-</regexp>

<regexp>/Extras/</regexp>

<regexp>[\\/]Extras[\\/]</regexp>

</excludefromscan>

<excludetvshowsfromscan action="append">

<regexp>-extras-</regexp>

<regexp>/Extras/</regexp>

<regexp>[\\/]Extras[\\/]</regexp>

</excludetvshowsfromscan>