Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Black Borders when Playing 720p or 1080p
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hi!

I use kodibuntu on a zotac zbox id18 with intel hd graphics on a samsung ue40f6500 led tv.

When i play 720p or 1080p material that should fit the whole screen i have about 1 cm wide black borders on the top and bottom of the screen. For xmpl when playing Material that is presented in 1.78:1. I can fix this switchting Kodi from normal to 16:9 but then my pixelsize is 0.95 instead of 1.00 that it should be.

My TV is connected via HDMI, overscan ist turned off and The Kodi Menu is also shown without any problem in 1080p50 or 1080p60.

The Problem also doesn´t appear with SD Material recorded in 4:3.

The TV is switching to the correct mode when i start playing back.

On My Windows PC with Samsung Monitor connected the problem doensn´t appear.

Does any1 know a possible solution for my problem?

Could it be a driver related problem?

Thx in advance!

b0mb
get us a full Debug Log while/after playing one of those movies
Go to Picture Settings of your TV and change to "Fixed Size" or "Just Scan". It's most likely an underscan issue which the linux driver handles differently.
Ok!

Btw the problem also appears on openelec.

I´ve actually didn´t test windows on my zbox.

@fritsch

i´ve allready did so....
Then use your iphone and make a picture :-)
(2015-09-10, 16:25)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]Then use your iphone and make a picture :-)

here we go.... Wink

This Pic is 1080p60 no borders

This Pic is 1080p24 4:3 no borders

This Pic is 1080p24 1.78:1 with borders on the top and the bottom of the screen.... usually this should fill out the full screen...

You need to post a Debug Log.
No, sadly not. The part I was interested in was cut ...
Hmm

I did not see anything interesting...

Where can I find it?

I don't want to post the complete file with sensible data [WINKING FACE]
(2015-09-10, 21:09)b0mb Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm

I did not see anything interesting...

Where can I find it?

I don't want to post the complete file with sensible data [WINKING FACE]

Simple rule of thumb with logs: Dont cut the logs down to what YOU think they should be. You might not know what your looking for, otherwise you wouldnt be here asking for help Wink The devs do, and they will require the full log to help with troubleshooting
The problem is:

Quote:INFO: Pixel Ratio: 0.952476

Your pixels are not squares (1.0) ... Therefore all your media is touched / rescaled. You only get: 1920 * 0.952476 on the screen, which is: 1828 ...

Only solutions:
a) Teach your TV not to lie :-)
b) Overwrite nvidia's EDID information with an selfmade xorg.conf
I totally agree with you after i´ve seen the part with the resolutions and pixelsize yesterday evening.

So i have intel hd graphics and i remember that when i´ve checked some time agoe that there is no xorg.conf file in X11 folder.

But i think solution b would be the easier way. Wink

Could you maybe link me to a tutorial please?
Pages: 1 2 3 4