Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Music - Where is the Smartlist eidtor??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Where is the "Playlist Section" where I can find the built in GUI smart list GUI editorHuh?

Per http://kodi.wiki/view/Playlists, it says: Smart playlist can be created either by using the built-in GUI smart playlist editor accessible from the Playlists section, or by creating an XML file with the extension XSP (XBMC Smart Playlist). .....". I've been looking for 30 minutes - I give up - where do I find the "Playlists section"

(Using Kodi 15.1, Confluence, WIndows 10)
you need to scan in your music to library
Thanks. I am looking at my entire library within Kodi now, under Music Media and carefully set the related settings in System/Settings/Music so I had "assumed" I was all good, but, yup. I gather I missed a step! I right clicked on the Music Media icon, and scanned ; I see it 'scanning' now.

I will look for the "Playlist Section" once its done.
have fun
Okay, much better in that I see more options now,and can get better visuals.....but I still don't see a "Playlist Section" re "Smart playlist can be created either by using the built-in GUI smart playlist editor accessible from the Playlists section,

UPDATE -- Ah I found it I could not get to while already in the Music section, looking for it Smile ; rather I had to get out, back Home, then Music then, Library, then Playlist. Hmm, okay, not all that obvious, but at least I can use it now. Thanks.