Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Switching Profiles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a way to switch profiles by pressing a single key. I was looking at doing a xml using keymap ?
Probably if the single key is connected to a batch file, that you have coded.
You can use 'LoadProfile(profilename)' linked to a button / buttons on the home screen and / or to a key on the remote (via keymap). Stick that in search here and you'll see a few examples.
Thanks you that works pretty well, do you now whether it's possible to key map that to the iOS remote app ??
I'm almost certain it isn't.
Best solution there (unless I'm wrong) is a button on the home screen.
I could be wrong, in fact I hope I am, but I beleve that there are fundamental reasons why changing profile from a remote app can not work. It is something to do with breaking the remote connection in order to connect to the new profile, therefore you don't know the new profile is there or can't provide the info to log on to it.

Maybe someone understands this better than me and can explain?
(2015-09-12, 14:04)DaveBlake Wrote: [ -> ]I could be wrong, in fact I hope I am, but I beleve that there are fundamental reasons why changing profile from a remote app can not work. It is something to do with breaking the remote connection in order to connect to the new profile, therefore you don't know the new profile is there or can't provide the info to log on to it.

Maybe someone understands this better than me and can explain?

This is just an educated guess, but I think it would still work. There would be a moment where the app gets disconnected, but it should just reconnect once the other profile has loaded (assuming that remote app/web server has been turned on for both profiles). The actual command to switch the profile should be able to get to Kodi without an issue.

You might be thinking of the login window, though. I don't think that will work with a remote app.
Although it seems that switching profile from a remote doesn't work, I was wrong to say it couldn't be done. Ned was correct, it is the login window that can't be accessed, you just need to use a command to switch.

Doing this is discussed here All Kodi wifi remotes are useless if you have more than one profile