Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: JSON-RPC - Show single image without transition
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm tyring to use Kodi for some digital signage. I have it working great if I'm displaying multiple images in a slideshow, but it's not so great when trying to display a single image. When I use the following curl to the JSON-RPC of my device:
Code:
curl --data-binary '{ "jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Player.Open", "params": { "item": {"file":"/path/to/file"}}}' -H 'content-type: application/json;' http://device_ip/jsonrpc/
it opens the picture, but it flashes (fades out and back in) at the same interval that a slideshow would change images. In essence, it seems to be running a slideshow only one image long. Since my slideshow is set to change pictures every 15 seconds, this is pretty unwelcome behavior.

Is there a way to open a single picture and have it display steadily until I change it? Alternatively, is there a way through JSON-RPC to change the slideshow interval? If so, I could set the interval to something high like 24 hours for a single picture, but then set it back to 15 seconds for a slideshow.

OR, is there a way to turn off the transition (fade out/in) so that you don't even notice when the one-image slideshow restarts?

(If it makes a difference, I'm attempting to do this in a bash script that detects whether there's one or more images to display, and issues the curl commands accordingly.)