Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Runtime of recording in progress is not updated during playback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Forum,

I've been using Kodi for a few weeks now in preparation of ditching Windows in favor of Debian and I'm pretty happy overall. I've been using DVBviewer for 13 years before that.

My problem is that if I watch a recording in progress, the run time does not update except if I run into it. Then it will be "pushed forward" by the current playback position. This also means that jumps over the displayed end of the file don't work.
It doesn't matter if I play the recording from Video->Files from a samba share or via TV->Recordings.
THe only solution I have for now is to Stop playback and reopen the file to get an up to date runtime.

Info for my setup:
Kodi 15.1 on WIndows 7 64bit
TVheadend PVR plugin 2.1.16
TVheadend 4.1 on Cubox-i4pro (Debian Wheezy)

Is this a known problem or should I file a bug?

Regards
Aydan
I filed a bug for this.
http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/16283
It's not a bug.
It's expected behaviour.
(2015-09-26, 20:52)robo989 Wrote: [ -> ]It's not a bug.
It's expected behaviour.

I'm not the OP but my response would be, "Really? Then why did it update correctly in Kodi Helix?"

I'm hoping this particular quirk might also be fixed when the new addon comes out (with the Kodi 15.2 release) but in any case I would say that this should not be expected behavior, since it never behaved that way in Gotham or Helix.
(2015-09-27, 08:07)xbmclinuxuser Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-09-26, 20:52)robo989 Wrote: [ -> ]It's not a bug.
It's expected behaviour.

I'm not the OP but my response would be, "Really? Then why did it update correctly in Kodi Helix?"

I'm hoping this particular quirk might also be fixed when the new addon comes out (with the Kodi 15.2 release) but in any case I would say that this should not be expected behavior, since it never behaved that way in Gotham or Helix.

My understanding is that it has always been like this. I certainly remember it being like this from at least Frodo which is what 3 years or so?
When you are recording a program and watching at the same time, how would it be expected to update the full runtime...that hasn't been recorded yet?
Rewinding/Forwarding has always been problematic on recordings that are currently being recorded.

It's expected in so far as work is needed on it, but it's more a feature request than a bug fix request.

Just my uneducated opinion.
AFAIK it has always been like this, which would mean it's not a regression.
Or do you mean the runtime gets updated like you expect when you use DVBViewer, but not when you use tvheadend?