Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: New at kodi, how to input television series
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sorry for the stupid question but i am new at Kodi and the internet is full with answers but i am a little bit lost.

Hope that you will help me and don't shoot me.

I am having the most trouble with adding my television series to Kodi.

I have saved up a lot of shows and a always named them with the season number and the name of the show.

For example '24_-_01x01_-_00-00_01-00_DVDRip"

This episode will appear in Kodi three times because of the numbers in the name.

I don't want to name all my shows over again so how can i get Kodi to scan only the episode name and not the whole string.

Hope this makes sense.
There may be a way to do what you want, but.....

Your life will be filled with much more happiness and sunshine if you follow the accepted file naming conventions: http://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_files/TV_shows

You can use Filebot or something like it to make renaming less painful.
You can disable multipart matching by defining an empty pattern in advancedsettings.xml (wiki). Make a plain text file called advancedsettings.xml and save it in the userdata folder (wiki) with the following:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <tvmultipartmatching></tvmultipartmatching>
</advancedsettings>

That way it will only match the first pattern it sees, which in this case is SSxEE.
Thnx. I think it will be the best if i remove all the names of the shows out of the files.

I think i will be the most flawless way for Kodi.
When looking at that specific show on TheTVDB.com the episodes do have names that can work. Try renaming your shows as follows with the am\pm bits added:

http://thetvdb.com/?tab=seasonall&id=76290&lid=7

\TV Shows\24\Series 01\24 - s01e01 - 1200am-100am_DVDRIP.mkv
\TV Shows\24\Series 01\24 - s01e02 - 100am-200am_DVDRIP.mkv
\TV Shows\24\Series 01\24 - s01e03 - 200am-500am_DVDRIP.mkv
\TV Shows\24\Series 01\24 - s01e04 - 300am-400am_DVDRIP.mkv

I have not tested this out, but use the names as shown on theTVDB.com database and matching should work without breaking the regex.

That show is a nightmare of punctuation in the title!! dots, colons, dashes, number - not surprising it gets confused.

Another way is to use NFO files for just this show... Or just chop the confusing times out for this one show...

I use the built in scrapers. They work very well - including finding artwork. I find that I will have the odd series now and then with a hiccup. That is when I go to TheTVDB.com and check what, exactly, they are matching. Sometimes a country has to be added to a name. And it is the FOLDER name I concentrate on the most to get the match. (A touch of OCD means I have shows in sub-folders per series and any troublesome show will have SHOWNAME s01e02 style naming used.)
Thnx that works, it was the first show i tried with Kodi.